This eggroll in a bowl is a perfect, quick, 15 minute weeknight meal that the whole family will love. It tastes just like an egg roll but there is no wrapper!
Low Carb Dinner Idea
Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this one pan, 15 minute meal. Leave off the won ton strips and it is Keto friendly and low carb. There is no frying involved like there is with an egg roll. It has all the classic egg roll flavors such as ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil but is so much easier to make.
- Meat. I like to use ground turkey or ground chicken but you could also use hamburger or ground sausage if you prefer.
- Veggies. Use a pre packaged coleslaw or you could slice your own cabbage. I also added in some shredded carrot and you could also use broccoli slaw if you like. Diced onion is also used.
- Seasoning. A combination of soy sauce, sesame oil, minced ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar.
- Garnish. I love a combination of won ton strips and sesame seeds. (Leave off the strips if going low carb or keto)
Tips from Leigh Anne
- Make it Keto: Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and leave out the sugar. Also, leave off the won ton strips
- Make it Gluten Free. Replace the soy sauce with Tamari or coconut aminos.
- Make it Vegan. Use a plant based meat and leave out the sugar.
How to Make Eggroll in a Bowl
- Brown meat in a large skillet with onion. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in veggies (coleslaw mix, carrots, broccoli slaw etc. Stir to combine.
- Mix together sauce and pour over mixture in pan. Cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with won ton strips, green onions and sweet chili sauce for a little extra zing!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can also use ground turkey, chicken, hamburger or even sausage if you prefer.
This meal is so quick to make, only about 15 minutes. If you need to make it ahead go ahead and cook your meat and add in seasoning. Reheat right before serving and add in your cabbage and carrots so they don’t get too soggy. you want a slight crunch to them.
It simply doesn’t get much easier than this meal and only one pan recipe! Not only is it quick and easy, it’s a complete meal all in one. You’ve got your protein, your veggies and a little starch if you add in the won ton strips. Won Ton Strips are usually found in the produce section of the store.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Eggroll in a Bowl
- 1.25 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 10 oz. coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger minced or 1/2 tsp dry ginger
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onion diced
- sesame seeds
- won ton strips
- Cook pork sausage and onion, until meat is browned and onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and salt to taste. Stir to coat meat.
- Add in coleslaw mix and shredded carrots
- Serve and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with sweet chili sauce if desired.