A light and delicious summer meal, you will love the flavors in this strawberry turkey wrap!
A few years ago I had the opportunity to visit the test kitchens of Sara Lee and Hillshire Farms. I was invited back with a few other bloggers to learn about their company, meet one of their Chefs, and try some recipes for yummy sandwiches.
On our trip, she gave us a lot of great tips on how to build a sandwich and how to properly fold a wrap. I didn’t know there was a wrong way!
Sandwich Making Tips
Here are some of the great sandwich tips I picked up!
- Put the meat directly onto the bread not the condiments. This will help the bread from getting soggy, especially if the sandwich is going to be sitting for a while.
- Put your moist ingredients next to the meat, such as tomatoes and lettuce.
- Add your condiments next – mustard, mayo or dressing
- Add another moisture barrier before the top piece of bread, either cheese or more meat.
How to Make a Turkey Wrap
- This strawberry turkey wrap was one of the lunch items we tried and I have made it many times since. It is light, delicious, and full of fun summer flavors! And it is so easy to make! I am going to walk you through all of the steps.
- Lay your meat onto the wrap, leaving about an inch border at the top.
- Layer your spinach, strawberries, red onion, poppy seed dressing and pecans on top of that.
- To fold, Start at the bottom, turn up the edge of the tortilla.
- Then fold in the two sides.
- Then begin rolling from the bottom.
- The inch edge you left at the top will be your flap that will help keep the roll up sealed closed. Give it a little squeeze!
Strawberry Turkey Wrap Recipe
Strawberry Turkey Wrap
- 1 whole wheat tortilla 8 inch
- 1/4 C baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices turkey
- 1/4 C strawberry sliced
- 1 Tbsp red onion chopped
- 1 tsp poppy seed salad dressing
- 1/4 tsp. pecans toasted and chopped
- Top tortilla with turkey, spinach, strawberries and red onion
- Drizzle the poppy seed dressing over the top and sprinkle with pecans
- Roll up the tortilla, starting with the bottom and then the sides
- Serve immediately or wrap in plastic to keep from drying out
- Refrigerate until ready to serve