You are going to find yourself making Instant Pot Korean BBQ Beef over and over again! We love to serve it as a bowl topped with delicious Yum Yum sauce.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
There are so many things I love about this Instant Pot Korean Beef recipe.
- It’s easy and uses the Instant Pot so it’s quick.
- The flavor is crazy good and the meat is so tender!
- You can use the beef in lots of different ways such as tacos, by itself or in rice bowl. It is similar to a bulgogi beef.
- Finally, the yum yum sauce is amazing on this dish!!
And if you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t worry! I have included directions on how to make Korean BBQ Beef in your crockpot. Just check out the recipe below!
- Top Sirloin Steak
- Soy Sauce
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Chile Garlic Sauce
- Green Onions and Sesame Seeds for garnish
How to Make Instant Pot Korean BBQ Beef
- Slice your meat into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick slices. I have found that slicing the meat is easier if the meat is partially frozen.
- Place thinly-sliced beef into Instant Pot.
- In a medium size saucepan combine soy sauce, brown, sugar, garlic, vinegar, ginger, sesame oil and a little heat from some chili-garlic sauce.
- Cook sauce over a medium-high heat until it comes to a boil and thickens slightly. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Pour the boiled marinade over meat in Instant Pot.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and lock, set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on manual, High Pressure for 15 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
How to Serve Instant Pot Korean BBQ Beef:
- Over noodles, cauliflower rice, white rice or brown rice.
- With a side of broccoli slaw or roasted broccoli.
- Sprinkled with sesame seeds and chopped green onion.
- In a bowl with a drizzle of Yum Yum sauce (see below)
- Serve it as a Korean beef tacos using corn or flour tortillas. Add your favorite taco toppings or use the Yum Yum sauce on the tacos too!
- Serve as a lettuce wraps, topping with broccoli slaw and yum yum sauce.
- Add a side of grilled pineapple
What is Yum Yum Sauce?
The flavor in the beef is delicious, but the Yum Yum Sauce takes it off the charts on the delicious scale! The Yum Yum Sauce is mayo based with lots of seasoning. Don’t skip this part!
Yum Yum Sauce Ingredients
- Tomato Paste
- Garlic Powder
- Rice wine vinegar
How To Make Yum Yum Sauce
- Mix together all ingredients a medium size bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- I think it tastes better the next day. Stored airtight in the refrigerator it will last for 4-5 days.
- Serve over Instant Pot Korean BBQ Beef.
You can make Korean Beef in the slow cooker too:
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, chile garlic sauce and pepper in a bowl.
- Add meat to slow cooker and pour sauce over the top of the meat.
- Stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- If sauce needs thickening, mix water and cornstarch together and add into crockpot the last 30 minutes of cook time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good substitute for sirloin steak?
If you can’t find sirloin steak you can use round steak, stew meat, flank steak or chuck roast.
What if I don’t have an Instant Pot?
You can make a stove top or grilled version by using this recipe for Bulgogi.
What is the easiest way to slice the beef?
I find it is easiest to slice the beef thinly when it is partially frozen or at least chilled. I like to cut it thinly, about 1/4 inch going across the grain for the most tender beef.
Is the Instant pot and a pressure cooker the same thing?
An Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker, a pressure cooker is used on the stove top.
Check out more of my Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Beef Gyros Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Beef
- Bulgogi Recipe
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Korean BBQ Beef Bowls with Yum Yum Sauce
- 2 lbs sirloin steak sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 – 1 tsp chile garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
Yum Yum Sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, chile garlic sauce and pepper in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Mix together cornstarch and water and add into boiling mixture. Turn down heat and stir until thickens.
- Place sliced meat into Instant Pot and cover with sauce
- Cook in Instant Pot on Manual High Pressure for 15 minutes. Do a 10 minute Natural Release.
- Serve over rice with a side of broccoli salad, garnish of green onion and sesame seeds and lots of Yum Yum Sauce
Yum Yum Sauce
- Mix together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate over night. I think it tastes better the next day.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, chile garlic sauce and pepper in a bowl. Add meat and sauce to slow cooker. Stir to coat. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. If sauce needs thickening, mix water and cornstarch together and add into crockpot the last 30 minutes of cook time.