Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is quicker and better than the traditional take out version. Make it at home better!
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef will quickly become a favorite at your house. I love Chinese takeout but unfortunately our favorite Portland Chinese restaurant is about 20 minutes away. So, it just doesn’t work for quick take out. Especially when I can make something just as yummy at home in half the time it would take me to drive there!
I used flank steak for the recipe but you could always use a different cut of meat. Be sure and cut your steak across grain for more tender meat. I lightly coated it in cornstarch and then used the Saute feature to brown the meat a little. Add in the remaining ingredients and just high pressure for 8 minutes and a 10 minutes natural release and you’ve got dinner! With the time for the pressure to build up your total time is about 30 minutes.
I simply serve it over rice, garnish with some green onions and sesame seeds to make it a little prettier and dinner is served! Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is the perfect weeknight dinner plan!
Some of my other favorite Instant Pot Recipes include:
This is the Instant Pot I use and own:
INSTANT POT – This 6 qt electric pressure cooker helps cook dinner quicker and easier! Has 7 different functions.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
Instant Pot Mogolian Beef
- 1.5 lbs. flank steak, cut across the grain
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and allow to heat up.
- Put sliced meat into a large ziploc bag and toss with cornstarch, lightly coating meat.
- Add oil to pot and add in the meat, saute for 2-3 minutes, stir several times. Lightly browning meat.
- Add in brown sugar, garlic, ginger, 1 cup water, sesame oil, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir well until combined.
- Close lit and set pressure to High Pressure for 8 minutes. Do a 10 minutes Natural Release and then release pressure.
- Stir together 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 1/2 cup water to make a slurry. Add into pot and then turn on the saute feature. Cook, stirring often for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Sauce will thicken more as it sits.
- Serve over rice, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.