Yesterday I shared with you some amazing Main Dish Salads – hope you didn’t miss them! Be sure and check them out. Today’s salad recipe was given to me by a friend that is a vegetarian. This friend has since moved away and we’ve lost contact but I always loved attending potluck parties with her because she always brought such delicious things. Caesar Pasta Salad is one of those things. Don’t you just love a good potluck! I think some of my favorite recipes have come from friend’s who brought them to a potluck dinner party!
If you wanted to use this as a main dish salad and you aren’t a vegetarian you could easily add some grilled chicken or salmon to this salad to make it a bit more substantial for you but I assure you it is delicious just the way it is. I love the addition of pasta into a green salad. One of my favorite salads of all times is this Spinach and Chicken Pasta Salad that I have served over and over again. It is always a huge hit! Today’s Caesar Pasta Salad is a combination of greens (I used romaine, spinach and some butter lettuce) pasta, walnuts, cucumbers and Parmesan cheese.
Pasta Salad Recipe
The pasta is marinaded in a mixture of red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic and olive oil. That mixture is then used at the dressing on the salad too. The pasta can marinade for a few hours or overnight. Then everything is added together, tossed with the remaining dressing and topped off with cucumbers, toasted walnuts and Parmesan cheese. Yum!
For other yummy salads try these:
Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe
Caesar Pasta Salad
- 1/3 C red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Farfaille Pasta
- 1 C Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 C chopped walnuts toasted
- 8 C mixed salad greens romaine, spinach, butter etc.
- 1 1/2 C peeled quartered cucumbers
- In a food processor combine vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper, olive oil and pulse until mixed.
- Cook pasta until al dente and drain well.
- Toss half of dressing mixture with pasta and place in a closed lid container and refrigerate until ready to use (2 hours or overnight)
- Combine all the ingredients and dress with the remaining salad dressing.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste