Blueberry Crumble Bars are a delicious layer of blueberries sandwiched between sugar and butter!
Blueberry season has come to an end here in Oregon but I’m not tired of blueberry recipes yet! These blueberry crumble bars taste just like a eating a delicious slice of blueberry pie. Even when blueberries aren’t in season.
The berries are sandwiched between two yummy layers of sugar and butter – yum!
This week I volunteered to help one of the boy scouts at church. He is having a bake sale to raise money for his project. These blueberry crumb bars would be perfect for a bake sale!
They cut nicely and will wrap up individually just great!
What’s your favorite thing to do with blueberries?
Blueberry Crumble Bar Recipe
Blueberry Crumble Bars
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C cold butter 2 sticks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 C. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder
- Mix in salt and lemon zest
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg
- Dough will be crumbly
- Pat half of dough into the prepared pan
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice
- Gently mix in the blueberries
- Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust
- Crumble remaining dough over the top
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown
- Cool completely before cutting into squares
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.