Mango Crumble is a delicious, sweet summer dessert topped with a crunchy crumble topping. It is a fun flavor twist on a traditional apple crisp.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
A fruit crumble or crisp is the perfect summer dessert. It’s a lot less work than a pie and you can still enjoy all the same flavors. You don’t have to worry about making a pie crust so the dessert comes together quickly.
How to Cut a Mango
Be sure your mango is not too ripe, it should be slightly soft to the touch. A overly ripe mango will be too soft and difficult to cut.
There is a flatish, oval shaped pit in the middle of the mango and you want to cut around it.
- Hold the mango upright and make two cuts through the mango lengthwise, cutting on either side of the pit. You will end up with three pieces and the middle section will include the pit.
- Take one of the pieces of mango and use a knife to make lengthwise and crosswise cuts in it, but try not to cut through the peel.
- Push in on the back of the mango half so that the cut segments are sticking out like a hedgehog.
- Peel or cut the pieces of mango off of the skin.
How to Make Mango Crumble
- Place sliced mango in a saucepan with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cook on medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix together flour and butter, rubbing it between your fingers until it forms a crumb.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, salt and then the oats and mix together.
- Place the mango mixture into a small buttered ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees F until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
If you can’t find a ripe mango you can use canned mango or a fresh peach, apples, apricot or nectarine.
If you don’t have enough mango use it in combination with the other fruits. You could even add in some fresh blueberries with mango for a delicious combo.
For other delicious fruit desserts try these:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 4 cups mango sliced, about 3 mangoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Place the sliced mango in a saucepan with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook on low- medium low, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Put the flour into a large mixing bowl and rub the butter in with your fingertips. You want the ingredients to start to hold together,but will still break apart.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, salt then the oats and mix.
- Spoon the mango mixture into a small buttered ovenproof dish.
- Spread the crumbs on prepared fruit.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Recipe from Thirty Handmade Days
Leave a Review