These easy Strawberry Bars have a sweet strawberry layer sandwiched in between a buttery crumb topping and a shortbread like bottom. Celebrate strawberry season with these delicious strawberry treat.
A fresh fruit dessert is always perfect for summer. Fresh Blueberry Pie is another perfect summer dessert along with this Fresh Peach Pie. If raspberries are your favorite, be sure and try these Raspberry White Chocolate Bars.
Fresh Strawberry Dessert
Strawberry season is on here in Oregon and my little garden strawberry patch is going to town this year. I’m loving trying out some new strawberry recipes with all the berries we are picking. I have made these crumble bars many times but have never made them with strawberries. Most of the time I make blueberry crumble bars. The beauty of this recipe is that it is delicious made with whatever kind of berry or fruit you have.
Another thing I love about these strawberry bars is that if I have strawberries I always have all the other ingredients needed for the recipe. If you don’t have fresh berries you can also make these bars with frozen berries, just make sure and drain them well.
Strawberry Bar Ingredients
All you are going to need is:
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- baking powder
- lemon juice and zest
How to Make Strawberry Bars
- Combine sliced strawberries with sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, mix together sugars, flour, baking soda, and salt until crumbly.
- Press half the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add berry mixture
- Cover with remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until top is slightly golden brown.
- Cool and then cut into bars.
Other favorite Strawberry Desserts:
- The Best Strawberry Cream Pie
- Sour Cream Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Pizza
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Strawberry Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup butter chilled
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together sugars, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg.
- Dough will be crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Set aside remaining mixture.
- In a bowl, combine berries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice. Gently mix to combine.
- Pour strawberry mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle the berries with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crumble topping turns lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.