Chocolate Strawberry Pie is a perfect dessert for the one you love. A combination of chocolate mousse and strawberries in a graham cracker crust.
Are you thinking ahead to Valentine’s Day and what you’re going to make for your sweetie? Well, think no longer. I’ve got the answer for you.
This dessert is a variation of one of my other favorite strawberry desserts – Strawberry Cream Pie.
I added a bit of chocolate to today’s version ( O.K., more than a bit) and it is quite divine! Doesn’t chocolate make everything better!?
How to Make Chocolate Strawberry Pie
- Start with a graham cracker crust.
You could use a store bought one but a homemade one is so easy to make and tastes so much better it’s worth the little extra effort. Just my graham cracker crust tutorial found here.
- Chocolate Pie Filling
The filling is a combination of softened cream cheese, melted chocolate chips, whipped whipping cream and brown sugar.Fill the graham cracker crust with the chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate pie for 6-8 hours or overnight to allow it to set up.
- Cover the top with a nice layer of sliced juicy red strawberries. You can use other berries too such a raspberries or blackberries.
- Melt our remaining chocolate chips in a freezer ziploc bag (a regular ziploc bag will be too hot to hold on to!) and clip off one corner to create a pipping bag – then just drizzle the chocolate over the top!
A nice drizzle of chocolate finishes it off and looks so pretty!
Who wouldn’t feel loved after eating a piece of Chocolate Berry Pie!?
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Chocolate Strawberry Pie Recipe
Chocolate Strawberry Pie
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 C butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/3 C brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C whipping cream whipped
- 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 2 C fresh strawberries sliced
- 3 Tbsp. semi sweet chocolate chips melted to drizzle on top
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely
- Melt 1/2 C chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. Allow to cool slightly
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Add in cooled chocolate.
- Fold in whipped whipping cream.
- Pour filling into crust and allow to chill for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Reserving one strawberry, slice strawberries into slices lengthwise. Arrange onto of filling. Place reserved strawberry on top.
- Melt remaining 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips in a freezer zip loc bag. Clip off one corner and squeeze to drizzle chocolate over top of pie.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.