Making your own graham cracker crust is so easy and tastes so much better, you’ll never buy one from the store again!
I am all for short cuts in the kitchen. I buy my onion precut and frozen, I love the fresh minced garlic you can buy in the produce section but when it comes to pie crusts, homemade is always better. I know some people think making your own pie crust is too much work and too hard but I’m here to tell you, I can make a crust in less time than it takes me to run to the grocery store and buy one! Whether you are making a pastry pie crust or a graham cracker pie crust, homemade is the way to go!
I am a huge fan of graham cracker crusts, it might be my love of graham crackers dunked in milk as a treat that contributes to that but I love them!! I often will use a graham cracker crust, even when the recipe calls for a pastry crust like with my French Silk Pie. I love the sweetness and texture it gives to a pie.
How to Make A Graham Cracker Crust
All you need are three ingredients and if you are like me, you always have them on hand. Graham crackers are a staple at our house!
- You will need 1 1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 5 Tbsp of butter.
- I use my mini food processor to make my graham cracker crumbs but a blender will work also. You will be using 10 sheets of graham crackers (that is two squares to a sheet)
- Mix together the crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Mix together until it is combined and looks like wet sand.
- Press the crumbs into a 8 or 9 inch pie dish, pushing the crumbs up the sides of the pan also. You can even use a 10 inch dish, the crust will just be a bit thinner and will cook a bit faster.
- Bake the pie crust in a 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes until it is lightly golden brown. Then let the crust cool, add your filling and bake again according to pie directions if needed.
Recipes using a Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 10 sheets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- Combine all three ingredients and stir until it forms a wet sand texture.
- Press crumbs into a 8 or 9 inch pie dish, pushing crumbs up the sides also
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.