Making your own graham cracker crust is so easy and tastes so much better, you’ll never buy one from the store again!
Some of my other favorite treats using graham crackers include the topping on this Apple Crisp, S’mores Pie and S’mores Popcorn.
Homemade Pie Crust
I am all for short cuts in the kitchen, I buy my onion precut and frozen and I love the fresh minced garlic you can buy in the produce section. But when it comes to pie crusts, homemade is always better. I know some people think making your own pie crust is too much work and too hard but I’m here to tell you, I can make a crust in less time than it takes me to run to the grocery store and buy one! Whether you are making a pastry pie crust or a graham cracker pie crust, homemade is the way to go!
I am a huge fan of graham cracker crusts, it might be my love of graham crackers dunked in milk as a treat that contributes to that but I love them!! Often, I will use a graham cracker crust, even when the recipe calls for a pastry crust like with my French Silk Pie. I love the sweetness and texture it gives to a pie.
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients
All you need are three ingredients and if you are like me, you always have them on hand. Graham crackers are a staple at our house!
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
How to Make Homemade Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Use a mini food processor or a blender. You will be using 10 sheets of graham crackers (that is two squares to a sheet)
- Place broken crackers into the blender or food processor.
- Pulse or blend until fine crumbs are formed.
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix together the crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Mix together until it is combined and looks like wet sand.
- Press the crumbs into a 8 or 9 inch pie dish, pushing the crumbs up the sides of the pan also. You can even use a 10 inch dish, the crust will just be a bit thinner and will cook a bit faster.
- Bake the pie crust in a 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes until it is lightly golden brown. Then let the crust cool, add your filling and bake again according to pie directions if needed.
Recipes using a Graham Cracker Pie Crust
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos!
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 10 sheets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- Combine all three ingredients and stir until it forms a wet sand texture.
- Press crumbs into a 8 or 9 inch pie dish, pushing crumbs up the sides also
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Leave a Review