This Slow Cooker Ham recipe has a delicious glaze of brown sugar and maple syrup. It is not only perfect for Easter dinner or brunch, but it makes amazing leftovers too.
Slow Cooker Maple and Brown Sugar Ham is the perfect addition to Easter dinner or brunch. Easter just isn’t Easter without ham, at least at our house. The best part about cooking your ham in the crock pot is that it frees up your oven for all the sides. This recipe for slow cooker ham comes from my Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook and is part of the Easter section.
In addition to this recipe there are 9 other recipes that are perfect for your Easter celebration. Some of my favorites include the Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, Lemon and Blueberry Glazed Coffee Cake and Browned Butter Balsamic Carrots.
The best part of this slow cooker ham is the sauce that forms during the cooking process. You are going to want to drink it but be sure and save some to spoon over the sliced ham when you serve it. It is so yummy!
Another great thing about this ham for Easter though is the leftovers! In my cookbook I have a recipe for Ham, Lentil and Vegetable Soup which is a perfect way to use the leftover ham. You can also find a lot more ideas in this Leftover Ham Roundup I did a few years ago. So many possibilities. In fact, don’t wait until Easter to make this ham! I often make it just so I have ham leftovers.
I have 100 slow cooker recipes in my Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook. Not only are they perfect during the holidays but they will become your weekday, every day favorites too! You can check out all the details on the cookbook here.
Other favorite Easter recipes:
My favorite kitchen items I used to make these SLOW COOKER MAPLE AND BROWN SUGAR HAM:
SLOW COOKER – My favorite one is the classic, the Rival CrockPot. In fact, I love it so much I own three of them. Two 6 qt and one 4 qt.
CROCK POT LINER BAGS – These liner bags are a life saver and make clean up so much easier and faster! Stock up on them!
HOLIDAY SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK – For more delicious slow cooker recipes check out my new cookbook – 100 recipes!
Slow Cooker Ham
- 5 lbs. fully cooked ham approximate weight
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Remove ham from packaging and discard flavor packet
- Place ham in slow cooker, cut side down
- Mix together juice, brown sugar, brown mustard, vinegar and maple syrup
- Pour over ham. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until ham is heated through (140 degrees F.
- If possible, baste ham with juices about once an hour.
- When ham reaches desired temperature remove from slow cooker and cover with foil to keep it warm. Pour juices into a sauce pan.
- Add cornstarch to water and then add into juices. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over sliced ham.