Delicious orange muffins filled with creamy white chocolate chips and covered in a delicious orange glaze are the perfect thing to wake up to.
Orange Creamsicle Muffins
I played around with my basic muffin recipe a bit and came up with what I think is a pretty amazing orange muffin. I usually limit myself to one muffin but these were so good I ate two (O.K., it was really three but not all at the same time!) Orange just says spring to me.
These muffins would be the perfect addition to any Easter breakfast or brunch.
How to Make Orange Muffins
- Flavoring. I used a combination of orange extract and orange juice you buy in the refrigerated section (not fresh squeezed). You can also buy frozen orange juice concentrate and reconstitute it (add water) I made a version with fresh squeezed orange juice but the orange flavor just wasn’t strong enough. The extract and orange juice from a container had better flavor. I did use fresh OJ and orange rind in the glaze I put on top. To give it that creamsicle taste I put in a cup of white chocolate chips. The perfect flavor combination.
- Glaze. While the orange muffins are baking mix up your glaze. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes and then while still partially warm add glaze.
Top Tips for Making Muffins
- Muffin Liners. I always prefer to use a muffin liner. It makes it easier to remove the muffin from the tin.
- Scoop. Use a scoop to make sure you get consistent size muffins. The muffins will cook more evenly if they are all the same size.
- Mini Muffins: To make mini muffins, follow recipe as directed, and pour batter into a mini muffin tin. Shorten the baking time to about 9-11 minutes.
- Freezing Muffins: Orange Muffins are easy to freeze. I recommend freezing them before glazing them. After they have cooled, just put them in an airtight container. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer. You can thaw them at room temperature and then warm them in the microwave for about 20 seconds and then glaze them before serving.
- Storing Muffins: Keep them in an airtight container, stored in the refrigerator and they will last about 5-7 days. Stored airtight at room temperature they will last 2-3 days.
Check out more of my favorite recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Orange Muffin Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup orange juice not fresh squeezed, see notes above
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in eggs and extracts
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture alternating with OJ
- Gently fold in white chocolate chips
- Spray muffin tin or line with paper liners
- Fill 2/3 full
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes
- Combine all 3 ingredients and stir until smooth and desired consistency
- Drizzle over muffin while still slightly warm