With only three ingredients this strawberry sauce is easy and delicious. It is delicious on top of everything!
We love to use this strawberry topping on cheesecake, ice cream, pancakes or waffles. The possibilities are endless.
Can I Use Other Kinds of Berries?
Yes! The recipe will work with your favorite berry. We love strawberries but you could use raspberries, blueberries or blackberries.
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients
- Strawberries – 1 pint or 2 cups of berries. This will makes about 1 – 1 1/2 cups of sauce depending on how long you cook it down.
- Sugar – 1/3-1/2 cup granulated sugar depending on how sweet your strawberries are.
- Lemon – lemon juice and zest of one lemon
How Long Will It Last?
This sauce will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator stored in an airtight container. It freezes well in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How to Make Strawberry Sauce
- Cut strawberries in half or quarters, depending on size of strawberry.
- Add strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest into a medium size pan.
- Over medium heat, bring to a low boil Stir occasionally as strawberries begin to break down and liquid begins to thicken and turn glossy.
- Use the back of your spoon to smash some of the berries to produce more syrup.
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, bring to a low boil.
- Stir and allow to cook until berries begin to soften.
- Use the back of your spoon and smash some of the berries to create more liquid.
- Cook until sauce is thickened, about 10-15 minutes depending on thickeness desired.
Leave a Review