With only three ingredients this strawberry sauce is easy and delicious. It is delicious on top of everything!
Can I Use Other Kinds of Berries?
Yes! The recipe will work with your favorite berry. We love strawberries but you could use raspberries, blueberries or blackberries.
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients
- Strawberries – 1 pint or 2 cups of berries. This will makes about 1 – 1 1/2 cups of sauce depending on how long you cook it down.
- Sugar – 1/3-1/2 cup granulated sugar depending on how sweet your strawberries are.
- Lemon – lemon juice and zest of one lemon
How Long Will It Last?
This sauce will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator stored in an airtight container. It freezes well in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How to Make Strawberry Sauce
- Cut strawberries in half or quarters, depending on size of strawberry.
- Add strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest into a medium size pan.
- Over medium heat, bring to a low boil Stir occasionally as strawberries begin to break down and liquid begins to thicken and turn glossy.
- Use the back of your spoon to smash some of the berries to produce more syrup.
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, bring to a low boil.
- Stir and allow to cook until berries begin to soften.
- Use the back of your spoon and smash some of the berries to create more liquid.
- Cook until sauce is thickened, about 10-15 minutes depending on thickeness desired.