Baked Fajitas make for a delicious and easy dinner time! They take minutes to prepare and you only need one pan!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
We love chicken fajitas at our house. And I also love to make slow cooker chicken fajitas. But I think I have found a new favorite way to fix fajitas – Baked Fajitas! The taste is amazing and they are full of flavor.
Everything is put into a 9 x 13″ pan and baked in the oven. The flavor is amazing and it couldn’t be easier!
Baked Fajitas Ingredients
- Chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil. You can also use canola or vegetable oil.
- Onion. White or yellow onion will work.
- Veggies. Use an onion and a combination of bell pepper. I prefer red, orange or yellow bell peppers.
- Spices. You can use store bought fajita seasoning or make your own using the recipe below.
- Tortillas. Use corn or flour tortillasor make your own corn tortillas.
Fajita Seasoning Recipe
For the fajita seasoning I used a combination of:
Cornstarch, chili powder, salt, paprika, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and cumin.
See recipe card below for exact amounts. Save yourself a trip to the store and make your own.
How to Make Baked Fajitas
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. You can also use a baking sheet.
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Place your chicken, onions and peppers into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with your seasoning mix and drizzle with oil.
- Toss to coat chicken completely.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes.
What to Serve on Oven Baked Fajitas
Toppings are optional but we like to serve our fajitas with:
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Pico de Gallo or Salsa
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
Frequently Asked Questions
You can substitute thighs for breast meat if you prefer. Just trim off the excess fat from the thighs before using them.
You definitely can. I always have the seasonings on hand to make my own so that is easier than buying it at the store and I can control the sodium that way too.
The temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
You sure can, the flavor will be slightly different but still delicious.
How to Reheat Baked Fajitas
If you have leftover baked fajitas, reheat the leftovers in a skillet on the stove.I recommend heating the leftovers in a skillet on the stove. Reheating in the microwave can cause the chicken to become rubbery and the peppers to get mushy.
If you loved baked fajitas, try one of these other recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 3-4 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 oz. fajita seasoning mix or 6 tsp
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- tortillas corn or flour
Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Mix together the seasoning mix ingredients.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan
- Place onions and red pepper in pan.
- Top with sliced chicken.
- Sprinkle with fajita seasoning mix
- Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on tortillas