I love a good black bean side dish, but nothing beats the delicious Cafe Rio black beans. They are a great side for your favorite Mexican food. And they are part of my favorite Cafe Rio salad.
To make a Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad you start with Cafe Rio Sweet Pork. Then you will need Cilantro Lime Rice and Cafe Rio Black Beans. Even if you have never been to Cafe Rio, you will love all of these recipes. And now you are totally equipped to create your own delicious Cafe Rio at home! You will thank me.
I am usually not a big fan of beans. I don’t love the texture. But Cafe Rio Black Beans are so delicious that they are changing my mind about beans. These black beans are yummy by themselves and a perfect addition to the sweet pork salad.
They are easy to make and are much more favorable than just black beans straight out of the can.
How to Make Cafe Rio Black Beans
The first step is to drain and rinse the beans.
Then, in a pan on the stove, add in tomato juice.
Let it cook and simmer until the liquid reduces – stir occasionally. Then add in the chopped cilantro.
Finally, serve and enjoy. These black beans are great as a side dish or as part of a Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad, in a burrito or on nachos.
Looking for more Mexican side dishes?
Cafe Rio Black Bean Recipe
Delicious restaurant style black beans, just like they serve at Cafe Rio.
- 2-15 oz cans black beans (drained)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin or cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 C tomato juice
- salt kosher or sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a pan,saute garlic, cumin and olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it! Only about a minute. Be careful not to burn garlic as it will turn bitter.
- Add beans, tomato juice and seasoning. Simmer until some of the liquid is absorbed and evaporated.
- Stir in chopped cilantro when ready to serve
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.