Cafe Rio Black Beans are delicious and easy to make and taste just like the restaurant version.
First there was Cafe Rio Sweet Pork . I had previously posted the Lime Cilantro Rice and today you get Cafe Rio Black Beans. You now have everything you need to make a Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad. If you have never been to a Cafe Rio you are now totally equipped to create your own delicious Cafe Rio at home! You will thank me.
I have never been a big bean fan. It is something about the texture (yes, I have texture issues!) but Cafe Rio Black Beans are changing my mind about beans. They are yummy!
They are easy to make and are much more flavorable than just black beans straight out of the can.
The first step is to drain and rinse the beans.
Then, in a pan on the stove, add in tomato juice
Let it cook and simmer until the liquid reduces – stir occasionally. Add in the chopped cilantro.
Then serve and enjoy. Great as a side dish or as part of a Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad, in a burrito or on nachos.
- 2-15 oz cans black beans (drained)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin or cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 C tomato juice
- salt kosher or sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a pan,saute garlic, cumin and olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it! Only about a minute. Be careful not to burn garlic as it will turn bitter.
- Add beans, tomato juice and seasoning. Simmer until some of the liquid is absorbed and evaporated.
- Stir in chopped cilantro when ready to serve
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!