Chicken Fajitas are a quick and easy family favorite. The flavor in this chicken fajita recipe is amazing!
We love chicken fajitas and I have tried many different recipes. This chicken fajita recipe is on regular repeat at our house. And given that I am constantly experimenting with new recipes, that doesn’t happen very often.
But these babies are just so good. The secret is in the liquid smoke. It really adds to the grilled fajita flavor and makes this dish amazing! Please don’t make this without it! It’s definitely one of the key components.
- Chicken Breasts
- Bell Peppers
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Vegetable Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Liquid Smoke
- Salt and Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Onion Powder
How to Make Chicken Fajitas
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Set aside 1/4 cup.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag with marinade and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Slice onions in 1/2 inc slices and quarter the bell peppers. Then coat them with olive oil and salt.
- Grill marinated chicken and veggies on a gas grill or a cast iron skillet on your stove top.
- Baste the chicken while grilling with the marinade that you set aside
- When everything is cooked, slice the meat into strips and Serve.
- If you would like to baste the vegetables with the marinade, increase the the recipe by 1/2.
- Butterfly the chicken or pound it thinner before you add it to the marinade to insure the chicken cooks evenly.
If you have time to marinade and grill your fajitas, this is the go to recipe that you should use.
Check out a few other easy fajita recipes :
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 Bell Peppers red, orange and yellow.
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice
- 1/3 C water
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 t vinegar
- 2 t soy sauce
- 1 t liquid smoke
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 1/4 t onion powder
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and place in a zip-lock bag.
- Before you put the meat in, reserve a little marinade to use at the end.(about 1/4 a cup)
- Then toss in the chicken, bell peppers and onions. Or if you want more marinade for the meat do not include the peppers and onions. Just coat them with some olive oil and salt before griling.
- Marinade for at least 4 hours, but longer if possible.
- Grill outside on the bbq, or indoors on a skillet (cast iron is best) or grill pan.
- Use the reserved marinade to baste meat as you cook.
- When everything is cooked slice the meat, peppers and onions into strips
- Combine in a bowl and pour in the remaining reserved marinade (do not use the liquid that the chicken was marinading in)
- Serve with tortillas.