These slow cooker chicken fajitas are sure to be a winner!
I’ve been experimenting with some new recipes to share with you and today I’ve got another slow cooker winner! Mexican food is a staple around here at our house. It is one of our favorite types of food to make at home and one of our favorite take out and eat out foods too! Today’s recipe for slow cooker chicken fajitas is definitely a winner!
This recipe uses smoked paprika (one of my favorites) and liquid smoke so the meat tastes just like you cooked it on the smoky grill! There really is a difference between just plain old paprika and smoked paprika so pick yourself up some next time you are at the store!
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Add the chicken to your slow cooker with a mixture of orange juice, lime juice, sugar, onions and a lot of yummy spices! Cook on hight for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours until it is tender enough to shred. Once shreded, add sliced green, red and yellow peppers into the crockpot with the meat and cook for another 30-40 minutes. Once the peppers reach the desired softness, the fajitas are ready to serve!
Serve it with your favorite tortilla. They are extra delicious on my homemade flour tortillas. Serve them with corn tortillas if you want a glutten free option. Or for a low carb option, skip the tortillas altogether!
I love to serve Mexican Rice and Cafe Rio Beans with my chicken fajitas. They make the perfect side dish! Just garnish your slow cooker chicken fajitas with a few lime slices and some fresh cilantro. Or serve with sour cream, guacamole, and shredded cheese for a build your own fajita bar. This is one you will definitely be adding to your regular dinner rotation.
Chicken Fajita Crockpot Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. can green chilies
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper yellow pepper and green pepper, thinly sliced
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except for peppers.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken from cooker and shred and then return to slow cooker. Place sliced peppers on top and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until the peppers reached the desired tenderness.