These blueberry muffins with streusel topping are delicious!
I have been doing a lot of cooking this past week and as a result I have so many new yummy recipes to share with you that I don’t know which one to share first!!
I picked up a half flat of blueberries at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday so I guess we will start with a blueberry recipe. The majority of the berries went into the freezer for winter time treats but I did use some of them for some of our favorite blueberry muffins.
I have had this recipe for years. It comes from a little spiral bound cookbook I picked up a long time ago called Company’s Coming Muffins & More. The muffins are actually a combination of two recipes – the Blueberry Muffin recipe and the streusel topping from the Apple Streusel Muffins.
Saturday night the girls invited two of our younger neighbors, Brock and Olivia, over for a backyard campout. They pitched the tent in the backyard.
They had to get up early Sunday morning to go to church so I thought I would entice them out of the tent and into the house with some fresh baked blueberry muffins – wouldn’t that get you out of bed?!
Well it worked!
This recipe works well with fresh blueberries or frozen.
They are good without the streusel topping too but I much prefer them with the topping. In fact I have been known to pick the topping off and only eat it!
I thought the muffins looked especially yummy on the new vintage tablecloth I picked up at a little resale shop I found on a trip to Milwaukie, Oregon last week. I had some time to waste before an appointment I had and stumbled upon the cute little shop!
Sunday morning, as I was enjoying a muffin along with the campers I thought that the next time I made them I would try adding a little cinnamon into the streusel topping – yum! Do you have a favorite muffin recipe?
- 1 3/4 C All purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1/4 C butter
- In a large bowl put flour, baking powder and salt
- Stir together thoroughly
- Make a well in center
- In another bowl cream butter and sugar
- Beat in egg until quite smooth
- Mix in milk and vanilla Pour into well
- Stir just to moisten
- Batter will be lumpy
- Stir blueberries with flour lightly
- Fold into batter
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full
- Add streusel topping (see below) if desired.
- Bake in 400 degreen oven for 20-25 minutes until nicely browned. Makes 16 muffins (mine only made 12)
- After you remove them from the oven losen around the edges.
- The streusel topping hardens as it cools and it can make it difficult to remove from the pan.
- I just run a toothpick around the edge, pushing the streusel topping off of the pan and onto the muffin
- In small bowl rub sugar, flour and butter until crumbly
- Sprinkle muffin with topping prior to baking
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!