These Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes are light and fluffy and full of crunchy cinnamon goodness. You won’t be able to decide if you are eating breakfast or dessert!
We love a good pancake at our house and enjoy trying lots of different flavor combinations. If you are a lemon lover be sure and try these Lemon Pancakes topped with blueberry compote. In the fall, these delicious Pumpkin Pancakes are perfect and Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes are ones we serve often and top with fresh berries.
Whenever we go out for breakfast, which is a favorite Saturday morning activity at our house, I almost always get the pancakes. I love a big, fluffy pancake and when you top it with some amazing cinnamon streusel it just gets even better. It’s almost like having dessert for breakfast! Now, I realize this might not be the most healthy breakfast but it sure is fun and delicious and a nice treat once in a while.
I love pancakes and I love anything topped in streusel so these pancakes are the perfect combination and are a fun choice for breakfast, dinner or dessert.
Now, they are definitely a special occasion kind of breakfast. I made them last Sunday morning because Sunday is always a special occasion at our house and a good reason for a special breakfast. I started with my favorite buttermilk pancake recipe. Buttermilk gives the pancake a nice tender texture and it also has a chemical reaction with the baking soda to make a fluffier pancake. So use buttermilk if you can.
How to Make Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
- When mixing up the batter you want it to be lumpy, don’t over mix. Those little lumps of flour are actually good for the pancake!
- Pour 1 cup of batter onto a well greased griddle. The recipe makes 6 BIG pancakes.
- Cover the top with a couple of tablespoons of streusel topping.
- Let the pancake cook until the top forms bubbles (you’ll have to watch the edges and the majority is covered in streusel!)
- Flip the pancake over and then load up the other side with the streusel topping! Never push down on the pancake with your spatula to flatten it. You want it nice and tall and fluffy.
You can enjoy your pancake with some real maple syrup but I found mine was plenty sweet just as it was! We loved the crunch of the streusel on top!!
Next time you want a special breakfast that will knock their socks off give this a try.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
If you are looking for a side dish to serve with your pancakes try these:
Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes Recipe
Streusel Topped Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp butter cold and cut into chunks
- First, make the cinnamon streusel.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Use a pastry blender or a fork, until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the buttermilk, eggs, and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium low. Coat well with cooking spray.
- Drop 1 cup of batter onto heated skillet.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon streusel on top of pancake.
- Cook on the first side until bubbles begin to form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip pancake over and cover very generously with cinnamon streusel.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and butter.
- Makes 6 very large pancakes
Originally shared March 1, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, party ideas and travel tips and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Leave a Review