Pink lemonade cupcakes are great for any occasion, but a baby shower is the perfect place for a lovely little pink cupcake.
I love to throw a party. I think baby showers are my favorite party to throw. I love celebrating a new mommy. No one deserves a party more than a new mommy! Especially a mommy who is having her fifth baby! And it is even more fun when she is having her first girl after four boys. I think she may deserve more than a party!!
Today I am throwing a virtual baby shower for one of my blogging friends who is doing just that – having her first baby girl after four boys. If I didn’t live half way around the country from her I would totally throw her a party in person but a virtual baby shower is going to have to do. You are invited!!
We are so excited for our blogging friend Melanie of Mel’s Kitchen Cafe and the impending arrival of her new baby!
I got to fix dessert for our virtual shower so of course it had to be something pink -pretty and pink!!
I wanted to use pink lemonade and I experimented with several different pink lemonade cupcakes recipes – none of them were just right. So I turned to Paula Deen and she didn’t let me down. I used her pink lemonade cake recipe with my own favorite buttercream recipe to create the perfect pink lemonade cupcake recipe.
It was the perfect combination. I used about 1/3 of the batter to make cupcakes and the rest to make a small cake using my 6 inch cake pans. So cute and pink.
The cake is nice and light and fluffy with the hint of pink lemonade.
Even though it is very pink and looks very girly the men/boys will like it too. I promise. My husband loved it and commented frequently about how good it was and when I shared some of the cupcakes with one of the neighbors boys he didn’t turn it down, even though it was pink!
I decorated the cake and the cupcakes with some little Washi tape flags.
So quick and easy to make. Just wrap a piece of washi tape around a toothpick!
They look darling in the cupcakes too.
For some of my favorite places to buy washi tape check out my other washi tape post.
I love a good cake but I am particularly fond of a good buttercream frosting. I used the pink lemonade concentrate instead of milk in this frosting and it is amazing.
Please pay a visit to our other party hosts today and see what fun food they have prepared for our virtual baby shower.
Pink Lemonade Cupcake Recipe
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix Duncan Hines and items needed for cake mix
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp sweetened pink lemonade drink powder
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 3-5 Tbsp frozen pink lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line pan with cupcake liners
- Mix cake batter according to directions.
- Add in lemon zest, vanilla and lemonade powder. ]
- Pour batter into cupcake liners. Bake according to directions on cake box. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Beat butter in mixer on medium high for 2-3 minutes or until pale and creamy. Reduce speed to medium and add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Beat well after each addition increasing speed to high after all sugar is added. Add in vanilla and lemonade concentrate until the desired consistency is reached.
- Beat until buttercream is smooth.
- Cake recipe from Paula Deen
Stop by, visit and join in the party!
We love you Melanie and can’t wait to hear the baby news!!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.