Snickerdoodle Cupcakes are your favorite cookie in cupcake form. They are a cinnamon cupcake topped with creamy cinnamon laced buttercream frosting. A snickerdoodle lover’s dream come true!
I love just about anything snickerdoodle flavored including these delicious Cheesecake Snickerdoodle Blondies, and these White Chocolate Snickerdoodles are an amazing combo. And I can’t forget Snickerdoodle Muffins!
Cookie in Cupcake Form
We love a good snickerdoodle cookie at our house and I have made dozens and dozens of them over the years using my favorite snickerdoodle recipe. Whenever my son and his friends would gather for a little video game playing there were always at least one or two batches of snickerdoodles made!
Taking that same flavor combo and putting it into a snickerdoodle cupcake is pretty much brilliant in my opinion. In fact, if you close your eyes while you are eating them you may just think you are eating a snickerdoodle cookie. For me, the frosting is always the highlight and this cinnamon frosting is so good! I licked the whole bowl clean after frosting the cupcakes.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
- Mix together your dry ingredients.
- In another bowl beat together your butter and sugar and vanilla . Add in one egg at a time until well combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and milk, alternating a little at a time. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a scoop, fill your lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees F until a toothpick inserted into the center of cupcake comes out clean.
- After completely cool, frost cupcakes.
- Find all my buttercream frosting tips here.
Ingredients. Work with ingredients that are room temperature. They will combine more smoothly.
Cupcake Liners. I always use a liner. It makes removing, frosting and handling the cupcake so much easier. If you don’t have liners be sure and spray the muffin tin well. I always use this spray for easy removal.
Scoop. To make sure my cupcakes are all the same size I always use a scoop and fill the muffin tins 2/3 full.
Cooling. Allow the snickerdoodle cupcakes to cool for a few minutes in the muffin tin and then remove them to a cooling rack to finish cooling. The heat from the pan will continue to cook them.
For some of my other favorite cupcake recipes try these:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Snickerdoodle Cupcake Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk room temperature
Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp milk or whipping cream or half and half
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In your mixer bowl beat butter and add in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Alternately, add in dry ingredients and milk. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and frost.
Originally posted March 18, 2010
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, party ideas and travel tips and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Leave a Review