Nutella Cupcakes are filled with Nutella and topped with it too! A rich and moist cupcake that is sure to be a hit.
How to Make Nutella Cupcakes
Sift your dry ingredients to avoid clumps and to make the dry ingredients light and easy to mix.
Beat the butter and sugar together for at least 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy and has changed color.
Mix oil and egg together before adding it to the batter. This will give a better “crumb” to your cupcake.
Use a scoop to fill your cupcake liners to make sure your cupcakes are all the same size.
Using a teaspoon or a smaller scoop, place a scoop of Nutella on top of each cupcake.
Take a toothpick and gently push and swirl the Nutella down into the cupcake.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes. Bake until the sides of the cupcake spring back when touched. The top of the cupcake may still look slightly wet because of the Nutella.
Remove the Nutella cupcakes from the baking pan right after removing from the oven so they don’t continue to bake in the pan. Don’t allow them to cool in the pan.
Tip for Perfect Cupcakes
- After removing them from the pan, allow them to cool and steam in a closed container. This is a great tip for cupcakes and muffins and helps create a softer, moister cupcake or muffin
After cupcakes are totally cooled frost with Nutella Frosting.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Nutella Cupcake Recipe
Nutella Cupcakes and Cupcake Baking Tips
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 24 tsp Nutella 1 tsp per cupcake
- ¾ cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffins tins
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, oil, milk, water and vanilla
- Sift in cake mix and stir in sour cream
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and then place a teaspoon of Nutella on top of each one
- Using a toothpick, swirl the Nutella into the batter
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until the sides spring back (The tops will stay gooey because of the Nutella.)
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place directly into airtight containers so seal in moisture
- Beat the Nutella and butter for 5 minutes
- Add vanilla, then alternate between adding powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream
- Taste the buttercream until you reach your desired sweetness
- You may need to refrigerate the buttercream before piping it onto cooled cup
Recipe shared by Your Cup of Cake