Nutella is a favorite at our house and we love putting in and on everything! Nutella Crunch Ice Cream is a favorite.
Lizzy follows the directions. She always sifts her dry ingredients together to avoid clumps and to make the dry ingredients light and easy to mix.
Lizzy also beats her butter and sugar together for at least 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy and has changed color.
She mixes her oil and egg together before adding it to the batter. Lizzy says these are the two ingredients that want to mix together the least and by combining them before hand you will get a better “crumb” to your cupcake.
To make sure her cupcakes are all the same size Lizzy uses an ice cream scoop to fill her cupcake liners.
The day I was there she was experimenting with a new Nutella Cupcake recipe. She and Cali mixed a spoonful of Nutella right into the batter before baking.
Notice her cute glass jars filled with sprinkles, chocolate chips and cupcake liners? I went right home and filled one of my glass containers with cupcake liners too – so cute.
Next tip, Lizzy removes her cupcakes from the baking pan right away. She does not allow them to cool in the pan.
Right after removing them she places them into some type of plastic container with a lid.
Tip for Perfect Cupcakes
- After removing them from the pan, allow them to cool and steam in a closed container. This is a great tip for cupcakes and muffins and helps create a softer, moister cupcake or muffin.
Nutella Cupcake Recipe
Nutella Cupcakes and Cupcake Baking Tips
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ C oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- ½ C water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C sour cream
- 24 tsp Nutella 1 tsp per cupcake
- 1 per cupcake
- ¾ C Nutella
- 1/4 C butter softened
- 1 1/2 -2 ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffins tins
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, oil, milk, water and vanilla
- Sift in cake mix and stir in sour cream
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and then place a teaspoon of Nutella on top of each one
- Using a toothpick, swirl the Nutella into the batter
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until the sides spring back (The tops will stay gooey because of the Nutella.)
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place directly into airtight containers so seal in moisture
- Beat the Nutella and butter for 5 minutes
- Add vanilla, then alternate between adding powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream
- Taste the buttercream until you reach your desired sweetness
- You may need to refrigerate the buttercream before piping it onto cooled cup
Recipe shared by Your Cup of Cake