Nutella Popcorn is the perfect salty and sweet treat. The chocolate hazelnut flavored popcorn is delicious and fun!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Nutella Popcorn is easy to make and so delicious! Your movie nights are never going to be the same! Nutella, a creamy hazelnut spread is mixed with melted marshmallows and butter to make a sweet and delicious hazelnut flavored popcorn treat.
- Popcorn. You can use popped microwave popcorn or pop your own on the stovetop or in the air popper. You will get a more salty treat with microwave popcorn. If popping your own popcorn you may want to add a bit of salt for a sweet and salty treat.
- Nutella. Find Nutella in the peanut butter aisle of the grocery store.
- Butter. I use salted butter
- Mini Marshmallows
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Nutella Popcorn
- Pour popped popcorn into a large bowl, making sure to remove any unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Microwave butter, marshmallows, and brown sugar in a large microwave safe bowl..
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth and melted.
- Add in Nutella, stir until combined.
- Return to microwave for one minute.
- Stir until smooth
- Pour over popcorn in a large bowl and stir until popcorn is covered with mixture.
- Spread on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow to set up
- Use the full amount of marshmallows for the gooiest version of this recipe or for a little less gooey version cut the amount of marshmallow in half.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and it will last 2-3 days.
Yes, you can melt the butter, marshmallows and brown sugar in a saucepan on the stove top over medium heat. Then add in the Nutella and stir until melted and combined.
Now all that is left is to curl up on the couch with your favorite movie and enjoy.
For other yummy popcorn recipes try these:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 24 cups popcorn 4 bags of microwave popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 16 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Microwave butter, marshmallows, and brown sugar for 2 1/2 min.
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. Add in Nutella, stir until smooth.
- Return to microwave and microwave for one more minute. Stir until smooth
- Pour over popcorn in a large bowl. Stir until popcorn is covered with mixture.
- Spread on a large baking sheet and allow to set up