Would you believe that you can make bacon even more irresistible? With the addition of a little brown sugar, you can have this deliciously unbelievable brown sugar bacon for your next holiday breakfast.
For years I hosted a Holiday Breakfast for a group of women I worked with. I think the main reason they came was for the brown sugar bacon. When they would call to RSVP they would ask if I was serving it! This stuff is like crack. I guarantee you won’t be able to eat just one piece.
How to Make Brown Sugar Bacon
- Use good quality bacon. I like to use a thick cut bacon.
- Cook your bacon about half way through.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and placed partially cooked bacon on sheet.
- Mix together brown sugar and water. You can add a little cinnamon if you like.
- Brush bacon with brown sugar mixture using a pastry brush coating entire piece on both sides.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake until completely cooked through. Time will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon.
When you pull it out of the oven, the bacon is gooey and yummy. Let it cool and then serve to your guests. That is if you haven’t eaten it all first. This is one of those dishes that I always have to tell my kids exactly how many pieces they can eat to ensure one of them doesn’t eat it all!
Other favorite breakfast ideas:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Brown Sugar Bacon Recipe
Brown Sugar Bacon
- 1 lb. bacon thick cut
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- Partially cook bacon - about half way
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and place partially cooked bacon on sheet
- Mix 1 cup of brown sugar with enough water to make it a paste (you can also add a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon if you like).
- Using a pastry brush, cover bacon on both sides with the brown sugar paste
- In a 350 oven cook the bacon until completely cooked (about 10 minutes depending on thickness of bacon)
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Originally posted Dec. 17, 2009
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.