This Easy Apple Pie is delicious but the best part is there is no pastry crust so it’s easy!
Today’s recipe is my favorite easy apple pie. If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my IG story where I was preparing this yummy pie! Not only is it yummy but if you are not a pie maker and the thought of making a pie crust scares you – this is the recipe for you!
No rolled pie crust – you don’t even need one of those store bought ones either.
This version of apple pie is similiar to a French Apple pie with a yummy crumb topping. But not only do you use the crumb topping on top – you also use it for the bottom crust. Yum! Oh and did I mentioned this crumb topping is FULL of butter and sugar – yum, yum!!
My friend Kim Shaw shared this recipe with me years ago and it is my favorite apple pie to make. It is especially great during the holidays when you’ve got lots of other goodies to make too.
I use a potato peeler to peel my apples and then my favorite apple corer. I slice the apples to be about 1/4″ thick. I like to use granny smith or honey crisp apples for my apple pie.
Of course this pie is perfect served ala mode!
A few of my other favorite pies:
Easy Apple Pie Recipe
Easy Apple Pie
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter melted
- 7-8 apples - sliced cored and peeled. I prefer a crisp, tart apple.
- Cinnamon probably a tablespoon or two
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar or more if you like it sweeter
- Mix together flour, sugar, egg yolk, baking powder
- Add butter, melted
- Press 1/2 of dough into a glass pie plate.
- Being sure you have an even layer on bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. (no holes!)
- -8 apples - sliced, cored and peeled. I prefer a crisp, tart apple.
- After pressing 1/2 of pie dough into pie plate, pile apples onto crust.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (sorry, no exact measurement - I just sprinkle until it looks like enough, probably a Tablespoon or two) and 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar (or more if you like it sweeter!)
- Crumble remaining dough on top by breaking it into small pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes - 1 hour
- (Time will vary depending on how thick you slice the apples, you want them tender but not mush! I just stick a fork in to see how tender they are.)
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.