These bbq ribs truly are the easiest ever! And they are guaranteed perfect every time!
I first had these delicious and easy bbq ribs at a Memorial Day barbecue. Rod and his son Greg had fixed ribs for dinner and they were amazing, fall off the bone tender and delicious. We were licking our lips and our fingers! The amazing part is these BBQ ribs couldn’t be easier to make. You don’t need very many ingredients either, just a rack or two of Pork Loin Back Ribs, vinegar, and your favorite barbecue sauce.
Recently, one of our neighbors had knee surgery. I offered to bring the family dinner. I told him to pick anything off the blog he’d like. He picked ribs! Let’s just say these BBQ Ribs were the perfect medicine for the patient and he and the rest of his family loved them too.
How to Make BBQ Ribs
- The first step is to cut them apart using a sharp knife, cut in between the bones, through the meaty section of the rib.
- Place them in a large stock pot full of water and 1/4 cup of vinegar. Then let the water come to a boil and boil them on a low boil for one hour.
- Once the hour has passed, remove the ribs from the water and cover them with barbecue sauce. Brush the BBQ sauce on all sides of the ribs. Cover them good!! You can’t have too much BBQ sauce!
- Place them on a hot grill and grill them for 10-15 minutes until glazed, gooey and yummy! Turn several times and coat with more sauce, allowing the sauce to set up and caramelize.
- If you want to keep your grill clean, lay a piece of foil on the grill and then add the ribs to the grill. Easy cleanup!
The friend who shared the recipe told me that her kids have even eaten them without putting them on the grill. They are so tender when they come out of the water you can just add sauce and eat! I love the flavor the grill adds.
BBQ Ribs in the Oven
What if you don’t have a grill? Can you cook these BBQ Ribs in the oven? The answer is yes. After boiling them and adding the sauce just place them on a baking sheet, meaty side up and pop them under the broiler for several minutes to allow the sauce to set up and caramelize.
I always serve the BBQ ribs with extra BBQ sauce for dipping too!
Check out more delicious rib recipes:
BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 1 rack Pork Loin Back Ribs
- BBQ Sauce Pick Your Favorite
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- Cut ribs apart between the bones.
- Place in a large pot of water with vinegar, make sure ribs are covered with water.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to a low boil for one hour.
- Remove ribs from water.
- Cover with BBQ sauce.
- Place on grill until sauce firms up and the ribs are heated through and you have some nice grill lines. Can also be placed under the broiler in the oven.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.