A light lemon dressing along with Parmesan cheese and nuts make this Arugula Salad delicious and easy. It’s perfect with any meal!
This salad has been on repeat at our house all summer. It takes less than five minutes to pull everything together and you only need a handful of ingredients to make it. I’ve made it lots of different ways, depending on what I have on hand.
What is Arugula?
Arugula was originally grown as an herb and it has a mild peppery taste. It is also called “rocket” or Italian cress”. It has lots of nutrients and fiber and is good for you!
- Arugula. Use as much as you need. You could also add some baby spinach in with it if you like. I used a bag of arugula from Trader Joes.
- Parmesan Cheese. I like the larger shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Pine Nuts. You could use any nut you have on hand but I love pine nuts!
- Lemon Juice. Fresh squeezed of course
- Olive Oil. Use a good quality oil as the oil and lemon juice give it all the flavor.
- Coarse salt. I use my grey French salt for this or a Maldon flaky salt would work too.
Arugula Salad Dressing
For the just the two of us, I use 1/4 cup olive oil to the juice of one lemon and that is usually enough for two nights of salad. You can easily double it, using 1/2 cup of olive oil with the juice of two lemons if you are feeding more.
Keep extra dressing refrigerated for up to a week.
How to Make Arugula Salad
- Place arugula and any other greens you are using into a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil/lemon juice dressing. I like mine dressed lightly. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and pine nuts.
- Add some coarse French salt.
Ways to Personalize the Salad
Change it up with any combination of the following:
- Watermelon Diced
- Thinly sliced fruit such as peaches, apples or pears.
- Berries such as raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Goat Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Baby Spinach
- Butter Lettuce
How Long Will the Salad Keep?
This salad is best served immediately after dressing. Arugula begins to wilt immediately after dressing so enjoy it right away!
What to Serve with Arugula Salad?
Just about anything and everything is perfect with it. I love to serve it with pizza and pasta. It is wonderful with a hamburger or served with a steak. I also like to serve it on top of a pizza or flatbread.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Arugula salad Recipe
- 1 pkg arugula
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- coarse French salt or flaky Maldon salt
- Add lemon juice to olive oil
- Place arugula in a bowl
- Add nuts and cheese
- Lightly dress and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.