Vegetable Pasta is the perfect way to eat your veggies. Use just vegetables or a combination of vegetables and sausage. It’s a versatile recipe and you can add any vegetables you might already have on hand.
For more quick and easy pasta dishes be sure and check out Brown Butter Pasta, Herb Pasta and Mediterranean Pasta.
This vegetable pasta dish is quick and easy to put together. The recipe uses zucchini, red pepper and onions but you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. It would be delicious with broccoli, carrots and snow peas too.
It is the perfect way to get the family to eat their veggies too.
Not only is it delicious but it is so pretty too with all the colorful vegetables.
How to Make Vegetable Pasta
If you are looking for a vegetarian dish, leave the sausage out and just add in more vegetables. You could also use chicken instead of sausage if you prefer.
- Heat oil in pan and saute onions, red peppers in olive for a few minutes until softened.
- Add in sliced sausage and cook until sausage is heated through and beginning to brown.
- Add in seasonings and zucchini. Saute for a few minutes so that veggies remain slightly crisp.
What’s the Best Type of Pasta to Use?
I usually use spaghetti but you could use what ever your pasta you have in your pantry. Some of my favorites include:
- Farfelle (bowtie)
Tips for Cooking Perfect Pasta
- Make sure you use a big enough pot. The pasta can expand up to three times in normal size.
- Use enough water to completely cover pasta and allow an inch or two on top.
- Add a little salt to your water to make it boil faster.
- Add the pasta after the water has come to a boil.
- Cook pasta until al dente. You want there to still be some resistance to the pasta when you bite into it. The pasta will continue to cook after you remove it from the water so don’t over cook the pasta. You don’t want your pasta mushy or gummy.
- Drain the pasta when it has reached the desired softness. Do not rinse your pasta with cold water. The starch that is on the noodles gives it flavor and helps the sauce to stick to it.
How Much Pasta Should I Make Per Person?
The average pasta serving is 2 oz. of dry pasta.
What To Serve with Pasta
Be sure and follow me on You Tube for lots of recipe videos!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Vegetable Pasta with Spinach Recipe
Vegetable Pasta with Sausage
- 16 oz. spaghetti cooked and drained
- 14 oz polish sausage sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2-3 Tbsps. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper cut in cubes
- 1 medium onion cut in wedges
- 3-4 small small zucchini, cut in strips
- 2 tsps basil
- 1-2 tsps salt to taste
- Heat oil; add sausage and stir fry
- Add onion & red pepper; spinkle in remaining spices & stir fry
- Add zucchini last so that it does not overcook
- Onion and red pepper take a longer time to cook
- Toss with cooked pasta
- Serve warm
Originally shared October 6, 2010
Leave a Review