Italian Herb Breadsticks are the perfect accompaniment to any meal but my favorite way to enjoy them is dipped in soup!
I am a bread lover and a pan of hot, fresh, breadsticks is the perfect companion to any dinner. These Italian Herb Breadsticks are soft and come together quickly thanks to Rapid Rise Yeast. And the Italian seasoning gives them a ton of flavor too.
You start by lining a a 9×13 pan with parchment. Then, you mix together the remaining ingredients. Spread your soft and slightly sticky dough in the bottom of the pan. And use a pizza cutter to cut through the dough creating 1 inch wide long breadsticks. After baking you will cut again along these same lines.
The bread needs to rise for about 50 minutes. So you have time to get the rest of dinner prepared. These herb bread sticks bake in the oven for about 25 minutes so they can be warm and ready at the same time as your dinner. After baking, brush them with some melted butter and sprinkle with some more Italian herbs. And get ready to enjoy soft and delicious homemade herb breadsticks.
Herb Breadsticks Recipe
- 3 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 3 tsp Italian Seasoning divided
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Line a 9 x 13 glass pan with parchment paper.
- Cover parchment paper with 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix together water, salt, flour, yeast and 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Dough will be sticky be manageable.
- Spread dough into bottom of parchment lined pan. Add some oil to your fingertips if needed to handle the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter cut 1" wide lines strips down the long side of the pan.
- Cover with a cotton towel and allow to rise for 50-60 minutes or until it has about doubled in height.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drizzle dough with addtional tablespoon of oil and remaining 1 tsp o seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and lift breadsticks from pan using the edges of the parchment paper.
- Place on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool a few minutes and then cut through the breadsticks on the scored lines. Use the pizza cutter for this.
- Place the cut breadsticks onto a cookie sheet. Allow a little space between them. Return to oven and bake for 5-10 more minutes (the longer the time, the stiffer the breadsticks will be)
- Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and serve.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.