All you need is 4 ingredients to make this delicious roasted red pepper and tomato soup. The flavor is off the charts and it couldn’t be easier.
This may be one of the easiest soups you ever make. It is perfect for those days when you have a busy day and not much time to cook You just put it all in a pot and let it cook away. There are only 4 ingredients (other than olive oil and salt)!
I remember the day I first smelled this soup. I walked into a friend’s house and asked her what the amazing smell was. It was this Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup and when she told me how to make it I couldn’t believe how easy it was!!
Everything goes into one pot, roasts for 1-2 hours and then you blend it up. How easy is that and like I said, the flavor is amazing!!
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- Remove the stem and bottom from your red peppers and cut into quarters. Remove the seeds.
- Add peppers and sliced onions into a heavy dutch oven.
- Add in garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat peppers and onions.
- Put on the lid and roast for 1-2 hours or until peppers and onions are soft.
- Check it after one hour to see how they are doing.
- Place peppers into a high power blender such as a Vitamix or Blendec. You can also use an immersion blender to blend it up right in the pan it roasted in. The soup will be hot so do not put it into a regular blender unless you let it cool first.
- After blending, pour in tomato juice, adding just enough to get it the consistency I like. I usually use about half of a 46 ounce can.
Dairy Free Soup
How easy is that! It smells wonderful as it cooks away too. One of the great things about this creamy soup is that it is dairy free. If you prefer it a little creamier you can always add in some whipping cream or half and half or garnish with some sour cream.
Check out more easy soup recipes:
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup Recipe
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- 6 red peppers quartered and seeded Do not need to skin.
- 2 large sweet onions sliced
- 2 Tbso minced garlic
- 1 48 ounce can of tomato juice I used about half
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the quartered and seeded peppers, sliced onions and enough olive oil to coat along with some kosher salt into a heavy pan. Sprinkle with minced garlic
- Bake covered until peppers and onions are soft 1-2 hours.
- Place peppers and onions in a high powered blender or blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add tomato juice to desired consistency and stir until smooth
Leave a Review