I hope you will forgive me for two Recipe Redo’s in a week but I think after you try this soup recipe you will t hank me. You see, I shared many of my favorite family recipes in the early years of my blog. So many of them are still our family favorites. When I started craving Roasted Red Pepper Soup this week and I went to pull it up on the blog I knew I had to re-share it with you. The photos were sad and the recipe was too good to be buried in the Archives.
This is one super easy soup! It is perfect for those days when you have a busy day and not much time to cook You just put it all in a pot and let it cook away. There are only 4 ingredients (other than olive oil and salt)!
The peppers, onions, salt and olive oil just cook away for 1-2 at 350 degrees – until they are nice and soft. Just check it after an hour to see how it is doing. I then used my immersion blender to blend it up. If you have a Vitamix or a Blendtec you could use that too. The soup will be hot so do not put it into a regular blender unless you let it cool first. After blending I add in canned tomato juice – just enough to get it the consistency I like. I usually use about half of a 46 ounce can.
How easy is that! It smells wonderful as it cooks away too. It’s a pretty red soup and to dress it up just a bit I added a little drizzle of cream but it is not necessary at all. In fact one of the great things about this creamy soup is that it is dairy free. So don’t add the cream if you want it dairy free!
Be sure and check out my collection of our family’s favorite soups:
For a list of where I Link Up each week go here
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 5-6 red peppers quartered and seeded Do not need to skin.
- 2 large sweet onions sliced
- several garlic cloves minced
- 1 46 ounce can of tomato juice I used about half
- olive oil/kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the peppers, onions and enough olive oil to coat along with some kosher salt into a heavy pan. Bake until peppers and onions are soft (at least one hour)
- Blend peppers and onions together
- Add tomato juice to desired consistency and blend until smooth