Potatoes or rice?
When planning a menu and looking for a side dish, potatoes or rice are usually the first things that come to mind.
I love rice and have shared several different rice recipes with you…
Many of you know that I am not a big potato eater, despite being married to an Idaho Boy! But I do have a few potato recipes I’ll eat…
Today I’m going to share another option to rice or potatoes. It is actually a recipe I have shared before -it is one of the very first recipes I shared on my blog. I did not include a picture with the recipe so figured I’d share it again with a picture this time!
This is definitely a Wilkes Family Favorite. In fact, we usually have to count out the ravioli and divide them evenly so that no one gets more than their share! Each time Cali has come home from college and I’ve asked her what she wants to eat the first thing she says is “Brown Butter and Balsamic Ravioli!”
I buy the chicken and cheese ravioli from Costco. It is a quick and easy dish to prepare. Be sure and brown the butter but don’t burn it!
Do you have a favorite side dish??
- 1 12-16 oz. package of fresh or frozen ravioli I prefer chicken and cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 handfuls grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for ravioli.
- Salt water and drop ravioli in water.
- Cook 8 minutes or until ravioli expand, float to top of water and are al dente.
- Melt butter into large frying pan and brown.
- Add cooked ravioli to browned butter and turn and cook until browned.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stir until coated.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top, salt and pepper to taste.
- (I forgot to add the cheese for the photo!)
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!