These quick and easy breadsticks start with frozen bread dough to create a not to be forgotten breadstick covered in garlic, cheese and butter – delicious!
Using frozen rolls makes bread making having fresh baked bread out of the oven so easy. I also use frozen rolls in this recipe for Magleby’s Rolls, this Everything But the Bagel Pull Apart Bread and also these Lemon Pull Apart Rolls.
How to Make Easy Breadsticks
This recipe makes 12 breadsticks but you can easily make less or make more. I can comfortably fit 12 breadsticks on my baking sheet.
- Thaw 12 frozen rolls according to the directions on the package.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter and spread it onto the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle powdered Parmesan cheese (the kind that comes in the container) over butter, about 1/2 cup.
- Form each roll into a breadstick, rolling it out to about 10 inches long, they will spring back to about 7-8 inches.
- Lay the breadsticks on top of the butter and cheese., cover with a cloth and let them rise.
- After they have doubled in size give them another brush of butter using remaining 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Sprinkle breadsticks with spice mixture.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
I have also made these easy breadsticks with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and find that I like the powdered cheese better.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven and let them bake until they are golden brown. Just like this!
Best Bread Sticks Ever
A friend stopped by while I was making them and I sent some home with her and this was his wife’s Facebook message to me:
Hubby walked in and said..”are you ready to have the best bread sticks ever?!?” Baffled I said…”I don’t know…Olive Garden’s pretty good!”..but hands down now.. he’s right! Dang lady, mouth watering..thanks for sharing!
Per hubby, we need the recipe!
My favorite way to serve Easy Breadsticks is with a bowl of marinara sauce for dipping.
I made them twice that week and they are so good I had to give part of that second batch away too because I knew I would have no self control and eat them all. Jim delivered them to some friends in the neighborhood. We got a thank you email from the wife and another one from the husband. Yes, they are that good.
I love a good breadstick! For more yummy breadstick recipes try these:
- Cinnamon Sugar Breadstick with Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Italian Herb Breadsticks
- Almost Famous Breadsticks
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Easy Breadstick Recipe
Originally posted March 8, 2012
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!