These Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks are soft and fluffy on the inside just like the real deal. You can enjoy them whenever you want when you make them at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
If you are a big fan of Olive Garden breadsticks, you are going to love this recipe. It’s been years since I’ve actually been to Olive Garden but those unlimited breadsticks are definitely one of the best things about the place! I decided I needed to figure out how to make a copycat olive garden bread sticks recipe that was quick and easy and this is the recipe! Enjoy these delicious breadsticks any night of the week.
Tips from Leigh Anne
- The recipe makes about 16 bread sticks which is too many for my reduced size family so I usually cut the recipe in half and it still works great. Eight bread sticks was enough for dinner and a few for leftovers too.
- If you need to make these extra quick and easy, you can use some frozen bread dough to make the breadsticks and no one will probably know the difference! You will get 8 breadsticks out of one loaf of frozen bread dough. You can also use frozen rolls and make one breadstick from each roll (they will be slightly smaller)
How to Make Olive Garden Bread Sticks
- Mix the dough in a stand mixer or by hand.
- Divide dough into two pieces and roll each piece into a foot long roll. The dough does not need to rise before doing this.
- Cut each roll of dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a nice 7 inch long bread stick.
- Allow breadsticks to rise in a nice warm place for 30 minutes. I put my breadsticks into my oven which I have preheated to 150 degrees and then turned off. Cover them and let them rise.
- After they have risen, mix together the topping and brush half the mixture over the breadsticks.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with remaining melted butter mixture after taking them out of the oven.
They are now ready to enjoy. Of course, like any bread, they are best eaten warm right out of the oven!! Not bad for an uninspired day!
- Add a sprinkle of powdered Parmesan cheese before baking
- Use an Italian Seasoning blend on them or your favorite herb. You can even use fresh herbs instead of dry.
- Do a sweetened version by adding the butter and then a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
Try these other delicious breads!
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Olive Garden Bread Sticks
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water divided
- 4 1/4 Cups flour
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- To make the dough place 1/4 c warm water in a bowl and sprinkle yeast on top, stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes until foamy..
- Add the sugar, butter, salt and 4 cups flour into a mixer. Add in yeast mixture, remaining water and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Add some additional flour (1/4 cup or more) and continue mixing until a nice soft, smooth dough forms.
- Place on floured counter top and divide dough in half, forming two one foot long logs of dough.
- Cut each log into 8 even pieces. Roll each piece into a 7 inch long breadstick. You will have 16 breadsticks.
- Place the breadsticks on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place breadsticks about 1- 1 1/2 inches apart. Cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Make the topping and brush the breadsticks with 1/2 the mixture before baking.
- Bake until lightly golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- After you remove from the oven brush with the remaining butter mixture.
Originally posted Feb. 4, 2011