Broccoli Pasta Salad takes all of your favorite broccoli salad ingredients up a notch.
This Broccoli Pasta Salad is the perfect party dish. I served it for the first time at the tea party bridal shower I hosted and it was a huge hit. I wanted to add a salad into our tea party menu and I remembered a salad I had once had at a neighborhood potluck. Luckily I had asked for the recipe!
Broccoli pasta salad is very similar to the broccoli salad recipe I shared here, but with a few yummy additions. Besides the bow tie pasta, you also include grapes and pecans! Those three simple additions take this salad to a new level.
The original recipe calls for broccoli, red onion, bacon and sun flower seeds covered in a sweet mayo dressing. All of that is still the same but I love the addition of the nuts, grapes and pasta. It gives the salad great texture and great flavor. It feels more like a main dish rather than just a salad.
I added the dressing to the salad an hour or so ahead of time so that the pasta had time to soak in the yumminess of the dressing.
A sure sign of a recipe hit is when I start getting asked, “is it on the blog?” Now, it’s on the blog.
Other favorite salads:
Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe
Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 1 C chopped pecans toasted
- 1/2 16 oz. package farfalle (bow tie ) pasta
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 C diced red onion
- 1/3 C white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C grapes halved
- 8 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 C sunflower seeds
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Mix together mayo, sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Pour dressing over cut up broccoli.
- Add in pasta, grapes
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours
- Add in bacon and pecans right before serving.