Broccoli Pasta Salad takes all of your favorite broccoli salad ingredients up a notch with the addition of pasta.
This Broccoli Pasta Salad is the perfect party dish. I served it for the first time at the tea party bridal shower I hosted and it was a huge hit.
Broccoli pasta salad is very similar to the broccoli salad recipe but with a few yummy additions. Besides the bow tie pasta, you also include grapes and pecans! Those three simple additions take this salad to a new level.
How to Make Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta to al dente and allow to cool to room temperature or chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Fry bacon on the stove top until crisp and then crumble.
- Chop broccoli, red onion, nuts and half the grapes.
- Mix together dressing.
- Combine all ingredients except for bacon and nuts.
- Toss with dressing
- Chill for 2-3 hours
- Add bacon, sunflower seeds and nuts before serving so they don’t get soft.
How Far Ahead Can I Make Pasta Salad?
This is a great make a head recipe. The individual components can be prepped a day or two ahead and then everything combined an hour so before serving.
Broccoli. Can be chopped and prepped several days ahead.
Pasta. Can be cooked the day before and then just stored in a container in the fridge. I prefer the pasta chilled before adding it to the salad.
Dressing. Make several days ahead if needed and just kept refrigerated.
Add everything together an hour or so ahead of time so that the pasta had time to soak in the yumminess of the dressing.
How Long Will Broccoli Pasta Salad Last?
After the salad is assembled it will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe
Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 8 oz farfalle (bow tie ) pasta
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion diced small
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups grapes halved
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 8 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 1 cups pecans toasted and choped
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Mix together mayo, sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Pour dressing over cut up broccoli.
- Add in pasta, grapes
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours
- Add in bacon, sunflower seeds and pecans right before serving.
Originally posted August 16, 2013