Quick and easy Steak Soup is a delicious, complete and hearty meal that the whole family will love.
We are definitely in a soup mode around here. My husband loves soup for dinner but I know there are some men that don’t consider soup a meal. Today’s recipe for Steak Soup is a meal. It is pretty much a complete meal. You’ve got your vegetables, your starch and your protein all in one bowl.
This soup comes together in just over an hour. Let your meat simmer for about 45 minutes and then throw in your veggies for about 15 minutes. If you like your veggies a little crisp like we do, just cook them until fork tender.
Check out more easy and delicious soup recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Steak Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 lbs top sirloin steak cut into cubes
- 1/2 C onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 4 C beef broth
- 2 C water
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 15 ounce can corn drained
- 1 1/2 C carrots diced
- 1 C celery diced
- 1 1/2 C yukon potatoes diced I left the peel on
- Melt butter in pan and add oil. Heat over medium heat. Add in steak. Cook until meat is browned. About 10 minutes.
- Mix together flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over browned meat and stir to coat.
- In a pot add together steak, beef broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes,onions and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until meat is tender. About 30-45 minutes
- Add in potatoes, carrots, corn, celery and tomato paste and brown sugar.
- Cook uncovered until vegetables are fork tender. About 15-20 minutes
- Adapted from allrecipes.com
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Originally posted October 11, 2013
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.