We are definitely in a soup mode around here. My husband loves soup for dinner but I know there are some men that don’t consider soup a meal. Today’s recipe for Steak Soup is a meal. It is pretty much a complete meal. You’ve got your vegetables, your starch and your protein all in one bowl. Throw together a loaf of No Knead Artisian Bread the night before and you’ve got a delicious and hearty meal that will make even your “soup is not a meal” believers happy. This soup comes together in just over an hour. Let your meat simmer for about 45 minutes and then throw in your veggies for about 15 minutes. If you like your veggies a little crisp like we do just cook them until fork tender. For some of other favorite soups try these:
For a list of where I Link Up each week go here
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 - 1 1 l2 lbs. top sirloin steak cut into cubes
- 1/2 C onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 4 C beef broth
- 2 C water
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 15 ounce can corn drained
- 1 1/2 C carrots diced
- 1 C celery diced
- 1 1/2 C yukon potatoes diced I left the peel on
- Melt butter in pan and add oil. Heat over medium heat. Add in steak. Cook until meat is browned. About 10 minutes.
- Mix together flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over browned meat and stir to coat.
- In a pot add together steak, beef broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes,onions and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until meat is tender. About 30-45 minutes
- Add in potatoes, carrots, corn, celery and tomato sauce and brown sugar.
- Cook uncovered until vegetables are fork tender. About 15-20 minutes
- Adapted from allrecipes.com
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!