Today’s recipe is a repeat here on the blog. But I promise you will thank me for it.
This recipe was one of the very first recipes I posted here on the blog – back in October of 2007, one month after I started my blog. The recipe is somewhat lost at the end of a soup recipe (a yummy one) and the photos aren’t very good so if you never saw it I’m not surprised.
This recipe is a copycat recipe for Magleby’s Rolls that they make at a restaurant called Magleby’s Fresh in Provo, Utah. One of my favorite stops each time I am in Utah. They make an amazing breakfast too.
These rolls are to die for – really! I promise you, when you make them, because you really must make them, everyone will love you!
They are melt in your mouth good and are the first thing to disappear every time I make them. The best part? They are so easy to make. If you are scared of yeast rolls, please don’t stop reading because here’s the secret – you make them with Rhodes frozen dinner rolls (or whatever brand of frozen dinner rolls you might have in your freezer section.)
So a few of the ingredients are a little funky (mayo) and the process for making them a little strange but the end result is amazing!!
The first thing you will need is a little bowl of mayonnaise, melted butter, and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. And some frozen roll dough.
So here is how you do it. Take your little ball of frozen bread dough and dip it in mayonnaise, yes mayonnaise. Just the top half.
So this part is a little messy but like I said – so worth it!
Next, you dip the same little ball of frozen dinner roll into the melted butter – just the top half.
And next is the cheese.
The messy fingers are worth it, I promise.
Place each little ball of frozen deliciousness into a greased muffin tin.
Sprinkle each ball with some garlic powder and dried parsley. One of the great things about this recipe is you can make however many rolls you need or want!
Next, follow the directions on the bag of frozen dinner rolls and allow to raise for time specified – I let mine raise for about 5 hours. So plan ahead – it’s worth it!
You are going to thank me for this one!
- 1 bag of frozen dinner rolls
- Mayonnaise amount depends on number of rolls you are making
- Melted Butter
- Freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Place mayo, cheese and butter in separate bowls,
- I buy the grated Parmesan from Costco and just keep a container of it in the freezer and pull it out as needed.
- Take the frozen ball of dough, dip the top half into each bowl starting with the mayo, then the butter and finally the cheese.
- Place roll into a well greased muffin tin (cheese side up).
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and dried parsley and let rise according to the directions (usually 5-6 hours so you need to do this early on in the day)
- Bake according to directions on the package.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!