These Magleby’s Rolls are delicious and easy to make and taste just like the restaurant version! They are buttery and delicious, and are topped with garlic, butter, and parmesan cheese.
Using frozen bread rolls is a fast and easy way to create amazing treats. Some of my other favorite recipes that use frozen bread dough include these amazing Lemon Pull Apart Rolls. Everyone in the family is going to love this Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread and these Quick and Easy Orange Rolls.
This recipe is a copycat recipe for Magleby’s Rolls that they make at a restaurant called Magleby’s Fresh in Provo, Utah. I discovered these rolls years ago and they have become a family favorite ever since. After tasting one I had to figure out how to make them at home. They are melt in your mouth good and are the first thing to disappear every time I make them. The best part is, they are one of the easiest rolls you will ever make.
Frozen Dinner Rolls
What makes these Magleby’s Rolls so easy? They use frozen dinner rolls. If you are scared of yeast, this is your recipe. I use Rhodes frozen dinner rolls but you can use whatever brand is available in your local store in the freezer section.
Magleby’s Rolls Ingredients
The ingredients may seem a little strange but trust me on this one, the end result is amazing!
- Melted Butter
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Frozen Roll Dough
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Rolls
This recipe does require a little thinking ahead. You are going to use the dough frozen so you will need 4-5 hours for the dough to thaw and then raise after preparing the rolls. Time will vary depending on how warm your house is.
- Dip frozen roll into mayonnaise. Just the top half of the dough. This can be a little messy but believe me the mess is worth it!
- Dip the same little ball of frozen dinner roll into the melted butter – just the top half.
- Then dip into grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place each roll into a muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray
- Sprinkle each roll with garlic powder.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley over rolls.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in size, allow 5-6 hours. Follow the directions on the back of the frozen dinner roll bag. Time will vary depending on temperature of room.
- Bake according to the directions and enjoy a little piece of heaven!!
You are going to thank me for this one!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Magleby’s Roll Recipe
- 12 frozen dinner rolls
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Melted Butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- Place mayo, cheese and butter in separate bowls,
- Take the frozen ball of dough, dip the top half into each bowl starting with the mayo, then the butter and finally the cheese.
- Place roll into a well greased muffin tin (cheese side up).
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and dried parsley and let rise according to the directions (usually 5-6 hours so you need to do this early on in the day)
- Bake according to directions on the package.
Originally posted April 26, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!