Our gluten free journey continues. Jim has been gluten free for a month now and is doing great. Even though there are lots of gluten treats available out there I have not purchased too many because part of this gluten free journey for Jim has been to lose some weight. I worried if I bought the gluten free cookies and other treats that would slow down the weight loss. He has been so good about not having too many treats. But once in a while a guy just needs a treat. The other day he asked for a treat and I obliged.
I used my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and just used my favorite gluten free flour mix instead of regular flour. This mix does not disappoint. I used chunky peanut butter because that is what I had on hand but I normally use creamy. Both are great. Of course I had to add in some chocolate chips too. He had been such a good boy after all!
I made the cookies on a day we were having company for dinner. They loved them too and wouldn’t have known they were gluten free if I hadn’t have told them.
These cookies are good – in fact they are more than good – they are awesome!
I froze half the batch so that we wouldn’t be tempted to eat them all. Now whenever Jim needs a little treat he can grab a cookie out of the freezer!
For more gluten free goodness check out these:
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 3/4 C peanut butter creamy
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 C gluten free flour mix.
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and peanut butter.
- Add in sugars.
- Mix in egg, milk and vanilla
- Next add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Form dough into balls.
- Roll in sugar or add 1 C chocolate chips
- Place on cookie sheet and use hand to slightly flatten the balls of dough
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until barely brown. Do not over bake. They should look like they need to bake for another minute or two.