Today I’ve got another yummy crock pot meal for you. We are playing with some fun flavors. This is a Mexican inspired dish and uses chipotle chile peppers in adobe sauce and cumin for lots of great flavor. I love the smoky flavor adobe sauce gives to food.
I used chicken thighs for this dish because I love how moist they are but chicken breasts would work as well. Serve the chicken tinga like a tostada, on a crisp corn tortilla. Put a bed of brown rice on top of the tortilla then topped with the chicken tinga with a little green onion, cilantro and guacamole for garnish. Delish!
It is fun to eat and the flavors are great. You can purchase your tostada shells at the store or I just fried up some corn tortillas in canola oil until they were nice and crispy. Then just load on your favorite toppings.
For other slow cooker goodness try these:
Chicken Tinga Recipe
Crock Pot Chicken Tinga
- 2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1-2 chipotle chile pepper in adobe sauce chopped (more if desired)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- cilantro guacamole, green onion for garnish
- Place chicken onion, fire roasted tomatoes, chipotle peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin in slow cooker.
- Turn on low and cook for 3 hours or until chicken pulls apart easily.
- Serve over rice on a tostada shell. Top with green onion, cilantro, guacamole.
***If you love EASY and DELICIOUS meals that you can make for your family in your slow cooker, please join me over on Instgram where I share ALL slow cooker recipes! Hope to see you there! Find me on Instagram at @slowcookerrecipelove ***