Salsa Verde Chicken only has four ingredients and it comes together so quick and easy! Dinner in 30 minutes or less!
Looking for something easy to fix for dinner this week with limited ingredients? This recipe is it! All you are going to need is four ingredients – chicken breasts, salsa verde, Monterey Jack Cheese, and cilantro. That’s it! The four ingredients all go into a glass pan and you’ve got dinner in 30 minutes!
This dish is perfect for a busy night, but is so delicious that you will want to add it to your recipe rotation and have it for dinner often. This recipe is perfect for two, but you can easily double it or more to feed a family of any size in the same time.
How to Make Salsa Verde Chicken
Place chicken breasts in an 8×8 pan and cover them completely with the salsa verde.
Be sure the meat is totally covered so it stays moist while baking.
After the chicken is baked through top it with some grated cheese and return to the oven for about five more minutes so that the cheese melts. Then serve it with cilantro rice and top it with some additional cilantro.
What’s not to love about a four ingredient, 30 minute meal that’s delicious too!?
Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
Salsa Verde Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 1/2 C salsa verde
- 1 C Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 C fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each chicken breast in half.
- Place in bottom of 8 x 8 pan so that chicken fills the pan.
- Cover chicken with salsa verde. Cover completely so that the chicken doesn't dry out while baking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with lime cilantro rice.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.