Salsa Verde Chicken only has four ingredients and it comes together so quick and easy! Dinner in 30 minutes or less!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- Looking for something easy to fix for dinner this week? With this recipe, all you are going to need is four ingredients and 30 minutes and dinner is ready.
- This 30 minute dinner dish is perfect for a busy night, but is so delicious that you will want to add it to your recipe rotation and have it for dinner often.
- This recipe is perfect for two, but you can easily double it or more to feed a family of any size in the same time.
Salsa Verde Chicken 4 Ingredients
- Chicken. I use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Salsa Verde. This is a green salsa you can find in a jar in the salsa aisle.
- Cheese. We like Monterey Jack cheese for this.
How to Make Salsa Verde Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in an 8×8 pan and cover them completely with the salsa verde.
- Be sure the meat is totally covered so it stays moist while baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes.
- After the chicken is baked through top it with some grated cheese and return to the oven for about five more minutes so that the cheese melts.
- Spoon leftover sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired and salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Tip #1
- To help this cook more evenly you want to make sure your chicken breasts are the same thickness. I like to pound, using a meat mallet, my chicken breasts to an even thickness, about 1 inch thick. This ensures even cooking.
How to use Leftover salsa verde chicken
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Use shredded chicken in enchiladas or burritos.
- Use corn tortillas or flour tortillas and serve as a taco.
- Make a bowl with it serving it over rice with sour cream, sliced avocado.
- Top a salad with it.
What’s not to love about a four ingredient, 30 minute meal that’s delicious too!? This is a flavorful and tender chicken dish.
Can I make this in the slow cooker?
For a similar slow cooker/crockpot version, try this recipe: Slow Cooker Chile Verde
Frequently Asked Questions
What temperature should salsa verde chicken be?
You want to cook your chicken to 165 degrees F. I usually cook it to 160 degrees and then let it sit for a few minutes.
What is the best way to store leftovers?
Refrigerator: Put them in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Freezing: Cool chicken and sauce completely and place in a freezer-safe container. It will keep frozen up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
How do you reheat salsa verde chicken?
For reheating, place on a microwave safe plate or dish and reheat in a microwave, do in 30 second increments until heated through. Don’t overheat or it will make it tough.
Try some of our other favorite dinner ideas:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Salsa Verde Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in bottom of 8 x 8 pan so that chicken fills the pan. If chicken breasts are thick, cut them in half or pound to make them thinner and more uniform.
- Cover chicken with salsa verde. Cover completely so that the chicken doesn’t dry out while baking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with lime cilantro rice.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Tips & Notes:
- To help this cook more evenly you want to make sure your chicken breasts are the same thickness.
- I like to pound, using a meat mallet, my chicken breasts to an even thickness, about 1 inch thick. This ensures even cooking.