Salsa Verde Chicken only has four ingredients and it comes together so quick and easy! Dinner in 30 minutes or less!
30 Minute Dinner
Looking for something easy to fix for dinner this week? With this recipe, all you are going to need is four ingredients and 30 minutes and dinner is ready.
This dish is perfect for a busy night, but is so delicious that you will want to add it to your recipe rotation and have it for dinner often. This recipe is perfect for two, but you can easily double it or more to feed a family of any size in the same time.
Salsa Verde Chicken 4 Ingredients
- Chicken. I use skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Salsa Verde. This is a green salsa you can find in a jar in the salsa aisle.
- Cheese. We like Monterey Jack cheese for this.
How to Make Salsa Verde Chicken
Place chicken breasts in an 8×8 pan and cover them completely with the salsa verde.
Be sure the meat is totally covered so it stays moist while baking.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes.
After the chicken is baked through top it with some grated cheese and return to the oven for about five more minutes so that the cheese melts.
Garnish with cilantro if desired.
What’s not to love about a four ingredient, 30 minute meal that’s delicious too!?
What to Serve With Salsa Verde Chicken
Two of our favorites include:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
Salsa Verde Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in bottom of 8 x 8 pan so that chicken fills the pan. If chicken breasts are thick, cut them in half or pound to make them thinner and more uniform.
- Cover chicken with salsa verde. Cover completely so that the chicken doesn’t dry out while baking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with lime cilantro rice.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.