Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is a perfect busy weeknight meal. Just toss the ingredients in the crock pot and return for a delicious dinner.
Check out these other quick and easy crock pot meals Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken, Balsamic Honey Pork Sliders, and Crock Pot Brown and Maple Sugar Pork Tenderloin. Perfect for any night of the week.
5 Ingredient Dinner
Crockpot Salsa Chicken is one of those perfectly easy dinners. It is what I like to call a “dump” recipe. You just dump everything in the pan or in this case the crock pot and let it cook. I made it this week on a day I knew I wasn’t going to have much time to prepare dinner and I needed a recipe that used things I had on hand in my pantry. I needed something quick and easy and Salsa Chicken was the answer.
Salsa Chicken Ingredients
- Salsa. I used a jar of salsa because that is what I had. You could also use a fresh salsa if you had some. You need a 15 oz. jar or 2 cups of salsa for this slow cooker salsa chicken.
- Corn. Use whole kernel canned corn and drain.
- Beans. I used cone can of black beans but you could use kidney or pinto beans. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Seasoning. One teaspoon of cumin and if you have fresh cilantro add in half a cup of chopped cilantro. If you don’t have cilantro you can leave that out, there will be some cilantro in your salsa.
- Chicken. The recipe calls for four skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
How to Make Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot
- Place the chicken in the crockpot and then add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through, tender and easy to shred.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Besides being so easy, the other reason I love this recipe is that it makes a lot and it is so versatile. I love to serve it over rice or in a taco, burrito or on top of nachos. It would also be great in an enchilada or a quesadilla. The perfect quick and easy dinner idea!
Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 15 oz. salsa 2 cups
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, optional
- Combine all ingredients in the crockpot
- Cook in crock pot on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
Originally posted on April 12, 2013