Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is a perfect busy weeknight meal. Just toss the ingredients in the crock pot and return for a delicious dinner.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken is one of those perfectly easy dinners. It is what I like to call a “dump” recipe. You just dump everything in the pan or in this case the crock pot and let it cook.
- It only requires 5 ingredients
- It uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- This recipe only takes minutes to prepare and then it just cooks all day!
Salsa Chicken Ingredients
- Salsa. I used a jar of salsa because that is what I had. You could also use a fresh salsa if you had some. You need a 15 oz. jar or 2 cups of salsa for this slow cooker salsa chicken.
- Corn. Use whole kernel canned corn and drain.
- Beans. I used cone can of black beans but you could use kidney or pinto beans. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Seasoning. One teaspoon of cumin and if you have fresh cilantro add in half a cup of chopped cilantro. If you don’t have cilantro you can leave that out, there will be some cilantro in your salsa.
- Chicken. The recipe calls for four skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
How to Make Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot
- Place the chicken in the crockpot and then add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through, tender and easy to shred.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Besides being so easy, the other reason I love this recipe is that it makes a lot and it is so versatile. I love to serve it over rice or in a taco, burrito or on top of nachos. It would also be great in an enchilada or a quesadilla. The perfect quick and easy dinner idea!
Frequently Asked Questions
It is not generally recommended to put frozen chicken in the slow cooker due to food safety issues and the risk of bacteria growth before the meat gets up to a safe temperature.
Absolutely! The thighs may just need a little longer cooking time.
You can make this in the Instant Pot, you will just need to add a bit more liquid. Add in 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth along with the salsa and chicken. Cook on high pressure for fifteen minutes, with a 5 minute natural release and then do a quick release.
Check out more of my salsa recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 15 oz. salsa 2 cups
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, optional
- Combine all ingredients in the crockpot
- Cook in crock pot on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken shreds easily.