Strawberry Salsa is the perfect combo of sweet and savory. It’s delicious as a dip with chips or served over grilled meats or tacos.
Strawberry season has begun here in the Pacific NW and I couldn’t be happier. On our recent Scandinavian Cruise I ate a lot of strawberries, Norwegian strawberries are amazing. I was looking forward to getting home to my little strawberry patch. We discovered lots of ripe strawberries when we arrived home and our strawberry patch has been producing better than it ever has so I’ve been cooking up lots of new strawberry recipes. I’ve got lots of sweet strawberry recipes so I wanted something a little bit more savory.
How to Make Strawberry Salsa
Strawberry Salsa is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. The natural sweetness of the strawberries paired with some red onion, jalapeno pepper and cilantro is perfect. Add in some white balsamic vinegar for even more flavor. I like using the white balsamic vinegar because it keeps the strawberries bright and red. White balsamic vinegar should be available at your local grocery store, but if you can’t find it, use regular balsamic vinegar. It will make the strawberry salsa a little darker, but gives you the same great flavor.
Just add all the ingredients together and pour the balsamic vinegar over the top and stir. If your strawberries aren’t as sweet as you would like add in a teaspoon or two of sugar. If you have time to refrigerate the strawberry salsa the strawberries will sweeten up as they sit.
What to Serve with Strawberry Salsa
- My favorite thing to serve strawberry salsa with is tortilla chips but you can use any kind of chip or cracker.
- Pour it over some cream cheese and serve with crackers.
- Use it as a relish over baked chicken or steak.
- Serve it over ice cream.
- Put a spoonful on a turkey sandwich.
- Serve it on tacos.
- So many possibilities.
Check out more of my favorite salsa recipes:
- Quick and Easy Salsa
- Mango Salsa
- Balsamic Black Bean Salsa
- Find more delicious appetizer recipes here.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries slice and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion diced small
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno pepper seeded and diced small
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sugar optional
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine. Add sugar if needed to sweeten. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Leave a Review