Fruit Salsa is the perfect appetizer or dessert for your summer parties, cookouts or tailgate snack. Use your favorite fruit combination and create this delicious snack.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
You have so much flexibility with this fruit salsa recipe. You can use any combination of fruit. Add in whatever is in season at the time. My favorite fruits to use are any kind of berry such as strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries along with some mango or pineapple.
Fruit Salsa Ingredients
- Fruit. I used a combination of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and fresh mangos. You will need about 30 ounces of fruit.
- Sugar. Both granulated sugar and brown sugar. If your fruit is really sweet you can skip the sugar and just use the fruit jam or preserves.
- Fruit Jam or Preserves. You can use any flavor jam or fruit preserves you might have on hand. Adding fruit preserves or jam gives the fruit a pretty glaze and added sweetness. My favorite flavors to use are strawberry, cherry, apricot or peach. .
Tips from Leigh Anne
- To make this recipe even easier, buy a bowl of precut fruit from the deli section of the grocery store. Then just add the sugar and jam!
How to Make Fruit Salsa
- Add all the fruit to a bowl along with some sugar and strawberry jam. Be sure and dice up any bigger pieces to be bite size.
- Mix to combine and coat and then refrigerate for an hour or so to allow all the juices to meld together.
- Serve with chips.
Favorite Fruits for Fresh Fruit Salsa
- Apples. I like to use granny smith apples.
For more yummy fruit recipes:
- 20 oz. fresh berries strawberries, blackberries and or raspberries
- 10 oz. mango peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jam
- Place fruit into a bowl.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Serve with chips