A mini strawberry pie with a creamy filling topped with fresh strawberries and a strawberry glaze. These individual pies are the perfect dessert and just the right amount for two people.
Watch me make this yummy dessert over on my You Tube Channel.
We love dessert at our house but with just the two of us a whole pie or cake is just too much. That’s where these small batch dessert recipes come in handy! Be sure and check out Texas Sheet Cake for Two, Mini Key Lime Pie and Small Batch Carrot Cake.
Individual Strawberry Pie
Since becoming a reduced size family the thing I missed most (other than my children) was all my favorite treats I stopped making because they just made too much. I have limited self control and I was tempted to eat it all. Well, I decided I had to find a solution and these small batch recipes is it! I made a list of all my favorite desserts and treats and I set to work to figure out how to make them in smaller amounts. You can find all my Recipes for Two here.
Near the top of my list was this recipe for Individual Strawberry Pies. Find the full size Strawberry Cream Pie here. This recipe is definitely my husband’s favorite.
How to Make Individual Strawberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- You will need 2/3 cup of graham cracker crumbs which is four sheets or 8 squares of graham cracker. I use my blender or food processor to make the crumbs. but you can also place the crackers in a zipper plastic bag and smash them with your rolling pin.
- Combine crumbs with sugar and melted butter and stir until it looks like wet sand.
- Divide crumbs between two mini pie tins and press crumbs into bottom and up the sides of the pie tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 7-8 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Start with softened cream cheese, allow it to sit at room temperature for several hours.
- Cream cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Whip whipping cream.
- Fold whipped cream and cream cheese mixture together until combined.
- Divide the filling between the two crusts.
- Depending on the size of your strawberries, place whole strawberry or sliced strawberries into cream filling. If my strawberries are large, I cut them in half. If they are smaller I use the whole strawberry.
- Place the pies into the refrigerator to chill while you make the glaze.
How to Make Strawberry Pie Glaze
- Mash strawberries using a food processor.
- Place in a small sauce pan over medium heat and stir in sugar, cornstarch and water. It will look cloudy at first.
- Stir over medium heat until it goes to a low boil and begins to thicken and turn glossy.
- Allow glaze to cool for 10-15 minutes. Spoon glaze over strawberries.
- Refrigerate pies for at least 3 hours.
Can I use Other Fruit?
This pie would work well with any kind of berry such as blueberry, raspberry or blackberry. You could also make it using fresh peaches.
How Long Will Strawberry Pie Last?
This pie will last 3-4 days in the fridge but is best served within 1-2 days. It needs to stay refrigerated.
Can Strawberry Pie Be Frozen?
I do not recommend freezing this pie. The fresh strawberries will get mushy when you thaw the pie and the texture and flavor will suffer. This is a pie you want to eat fresh.
Be sure and follow me on You Tube for lots of recipe videos!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Individual Strawberry Pie Recipe
Mini Strawberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs 4 sheets or 8 squares1
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 3 T butter melted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Graham Cracker Crust
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Stir until it resembles wet sand.
- Press mixture into bottom and sides of pie tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown on edges. Allow to cool.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar together. Add in vanilla.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in cooled crust.
- Place whole or sliced strawberries on top of cream filling. Refrigerate.
- Smash strawberries by hand or in food processor.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small sauce pan.
- Add water and strawberries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to boiling, stir constantly until mixture thickens and becomes glossy. About 5 minutes or so.
- Cool mixture and spoon over top of strawberries.
- Refrigerate pie for 3 hours or until ready to serve.