Cranberry Salsa is easy, delicious and pretty. It will become your perfect go to appetizer for the holiday season.
Cranberry season is here. Starting in October, I put myself on cranberry alert and check the produce section of the grocery store every visit to see if the fresh cranberries have arrived yet. There is always a little shout for joy when I see them because that means that cranberry salsa is back in my life! I first made cranberry salsa years ago and it quickly became my go to holiday appetizer for parties and celebrations.
I came to love cranberries a little later in life but have totally embraced them. I love using them in these egg nog cranberry white chocolate muffins (which seriously, if you haven’t tried, you really need too!) and then the cranberry pineapple muffins which were so nice and moist. And then I came up with the yummy cranberry cream cheese bars which were quite delightful!
I have become a cranberry convert. Today’s cranberry salsa recipe has become my favorite way to enjoy cranberries. This recipe is always on repeat during the holidays for several reasons:
- It’s delicious – the flavor combination of cranberries and cilantro is amazing!
- It’s easy – cranberry salsa literally comes together in minutes.
- It’s so pretty and festive – the red and green color combo is perfect for the holidays
How to Make Cranberry Salsa
- Start with fresh cranberries. You will find these in the produce section, usually in a 12 oz bag. Wash and drain the cranberries and remove any rogue stems that may still be attached.
- Place the cranberries, green onion and cilantro in a food processor and add in sugar, cumin and lime juice.
- Pulse to chop up the ingredients and combine. Don’t over chop though!
- Chill the salsa until ready to serve. I like to chill for at least an hour to give the flavors a chance to come together.
How to Serve Cranberry Salsa
You can just serve it chilled in a bowl and add some tortilla chips and watch it disappear. My favorite way to serve it though is over a brick of cream cheese along with crackers. Watch it disappear!
I love it when the first thing someone says after they taste something I have made is “Is this recipe on the blog?” I know it’s a winner.
Bring on all the holiday parties and guess what I’m bringing!? Want to invite me over?
Some of my other favorite holiday appetizers:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- 12 oz cranberries
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 limes juice of two limes
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder add up to 1/2 tsp depending on taste
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse to chop.
- Place in a blow and chill for an hour
- Serve over cream cheese or just with chips
- Also would be yummy as a side sauce with turkey, pork or chicken
Originally posted Dec 3, 2010
If you’ve tried this Cranberry Salsa or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.