This Olive Artichoke Dip will quickly become your go to party and holiday dip. The combination of artichokes, California Ripe Olives, sun dried tomatoes and basil is perfection.
Best Artichoke Dip
For years, I’ve taken the same appetizer to just about every holiday party I’ve been invited. This year there is a new dip in town and this olive artichoke dip is going to be my “plus one” to every holiday party this year! With the holiday season just around the corner, this recipe is going to be your new best friend and will make you the hit of every party you bring it to. Trust me!
This warm, cheesy, garlic filled olive artichoke dip is a dressed-up version of a traditional artichoke dip. There are several “secret” ingredients in here that take the flavor over the top.
California Ripe Olive Artichoke Dip ingredients
- Mayonnaise. Use regular mayonnaise, not low fat!
- Parmesan Cheese. I used fresh grated cheese, not the green stuff in the can.
- California Black Ripe Olives. I always have cans of California Ripe Olives in my pantry. Not only do I love eating them as a snack right out of the can, but they are the perfect way to dress up so many different dishes including this olive artichoke dip. I used the California Black Ripe Olives but their buttery California Green Ripe Olives would work well too. The California Ripe Olive’s unique curing process, results in a consistent taste and gives your dish a great pop of color and texture. Always check the can to make sure you are buying a California Ripe Olive.
- Sun-dried Tomatoes. I buy the sun dried tomatoes that are packed in oil. Drain them first and then rinse them off to remove excess oil. Chop them up into fine pieces.
- Fresh Basil. Add freshly chopped basil into the dip itself and then save some to garnish the top with.
- Roasted Garlic, Roasting garlic is easy but takes a bit of time but is so worth the extra effort. Don’t skip this part. You can roast the garlic several days ahead of time and just keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Follow the directions on how to roast garlic here.
- Artichokes. I use the quartered, marinated artichoke hearts that come in a jar or can. Drain them first and then chop them up with a knife or a food processor. I like them finely chopped but if you prefer chunks of artichoke, just give them a rough chop.
How to Bake Artichoke Dip
- Combine all your ingredients into an oven proof serving dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 20 minutes although the time will vary depending on the size of your dish. You want the dip to be heated through and the top to be golden brown with the edges of the dip nice and crispy! That’s my favorite part and I love to eat around the edges of the dip. If you think the top is getting too brown before the dip is entirely heated through just cover the top with a piece of foil for the last part of the cooking process.
- Garnish the top with some leftover sliced basil.
I prefer serving this dip warm, right out of the oven but it is also delicious served cold. It reheats easily in the microwave.
What Do I Serve with California Ripe Olive Artichoke Dip?
- Sliced Baguette
- Pita Chips
- Tortilla Chips
Of course, you can also just use a spoon! I also like to add some additional California Ripe Olives onto the serving tray too!
*This is an ad sponsored by California Ripe Olives, all opinions are my own
Be sure to use my How to Roast Garlic post.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Warm Olive Artichoke Dip Recipe
Warm Olive Artichoke Dip
- 1 12 oz. jar marinated artichokes drained and chopped
- 2 cups regular mayonnaise
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup California Black Ripe Olives drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped, extra for garnish
- 2 heads roasted garlic see directions in post
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all the above ingredients together.
- Place in a baking dish
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until dip is heated through and the edges of golden brown and crispy.