Instead of pumpkin pie, try a pumpkin pie cake this year. All the flavor and goodness of pie but so much easier in cake form!
I have to admit, I have not always been a fan of pumpkin pie. But as I have gotten older and wiser I have come to understand the beauty of pumpkin pie. But if I am being honest, every Thanksgiving I buy our pumpkin pie. And usually it comes from Costco. But this year, instead of buying a pumpkin pie, we’re having pumpkin pie cake! I’m all for helping make holiday cooking easier and pumpkin pie cake is one way to do it.
You get all the same flavor and texture of pumpkin pie with a lot less work. There is no pie crust required. The cake is also super easy because it uses a cake mix. Part of the cake mix is added into the pumpkin mixture and the rest is saved to sprinkle over the top which creates a yummy topping to the cake.
Just like pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie cake is better when topped with whipped cream. And even better when you drizzle it with some caramel sauce. You can use store bought or this homemade caramel sauce recipe is the best!
Try these other delcious pumpkin recipes:
Hearty Chicken and Pumpkin chili
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Delicious Pumpkin Waffles
Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 can pumpkin puree 29 oz can, not pumpkin pie filling
- 24 oz evaporated milk
- 15.25 oz yellow cake mix divided
- 1/2 C butter melted
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs in a bowl
- Whisk together sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in another bowl.
- Add sugar mixture and pumpkin into eggs. Mix until incorporated.
- Gradually add in evaporated milk into pumpkin mixture.
- Add in 1 C of cake mix to pumpkin mixture and stir to remove lumps.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle remaining cake mix over the top and then drizzle butter over the top
- Bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Cool and then cut into bars.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce