These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy but not cakey and have the perfect balance of pumpkin spice and chocolate. Put them at the top of your fall baking list.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
Quick and Easy. You can have a batch of these cookies ready to enjoy in 30 minutes! No chilling or rolling involved.
The Perfect Flavor Combo! Pumpkin and chocolate are a match made in heaven and these chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are the perfect way to celebrate fall.
Amazing Texture. I have found that a lot of pumpkins cookies are really cake like. I prefer my cookie to have the texture of a cookie and like them soft and chewy. Melting the butter in this recipe helps give you that chewier texture.
- Butter, room temperature. I use salted butter.
- Sugar, granulated and brown sugar
- Pumpkin Puree. This is different than pumpkin pie filling so make sure you are using 100 % pumpkin puree.
- Vanilla Extract
- Bread Flour. I love the texture bread flour gives the cookies but you can use regular all purpose flour if needed.
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Melt butter in a small bowl and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using a paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugars until combined and fluffy.
- Add in pumpkin, egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Mix in dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice, until just combined.
- Add into chocolate chips into mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop cookies onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nuts can definitely be added. Use pecans or walnuts. I’d add in about 1/2 cup of nuts.
Check out more of my favorite cookie recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi sweet or milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and cool
- Beat together butter and sugars. Add in pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Mix to combine
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Mix until just combined. Add in chocolate chips and stir until just incorporated.
- Scoop cookies onto a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Tips & Notes:
- Don’t over mix cookie dough. Mix in ingredients just until incorporated. This helps the cookies keep their soft and chewy texture.
- Save a few chocolate chips to add to the top of the cookie right before you put them in the oven to bake.
- Use a cookie scoop to get evenly sized cookies.