Brown Sugar Blondies are chewy and delicious and the flavor is amazing. My favorite part is the frosting on top!
I’m a blondie in more ways than one. I like my hair blonde and my brownies blonde! I much prefer a blondie over a brownie. For those of you who are unsure of what a blondie is, according to Wikipedia, a blondie is “a rich, sweet dessert bar. It resembles the traditional chocolate brownie, but substitutes vanilla for the cocoa used in brownies, and contains brown sugar.”
I’ve always been team vanilla over team chocolate. Whether it’s cookies, ice cream or brownies I pick vanilla every time so it’s only natural that I prefer a blondie over a brownie. The brown sugar in these blondies give them a deep, rich flavor and the sugary frosting adds even more amazing flavor. I topped them with chopped up pecans for some crunch. You could also add some pecans into the brown sugar blondies if you like but I’m not a fan of nuts in my baked goods so I only put them on top (and then I pick them off) because my husband likes them.
The base of blondie is chewy and the frosting is a similar to the frosting on a Texas sheet cake, it’s not a super creamy frosting but is more sugary and delicious! My husband said he’d like the frosting a little creamier but I loved it just the way it was.
This recipe makes a 9 x 13 pan full which means there is enough for us and enough to share (at least at our house!)
Because I’m such a blondie fan, I’ve shared lots of blondie recipes over the years. Here are a few of my favorites:
Brown Sugar Blondies Recipe
Brown Sugar Blondies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Spread into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan, spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool
- Melt butter over low heat, add in brown sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Stir constantly
- Add in milk and cook until it comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat.
- Add in powdered sugar gradually and vanilla. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with pecans.
Tips & Notes: