Buffalo Chicken Dip is a fun variation on the American classic, Buffalo Chicken Wings. It is cheesy and delicious and a perfect accompaniment to any ball game watching event.
When my boys watch a big game together at home I am in charge of the food. Chicken wings are always a favorite and Buffalo Chicken Wings are a pretty traditional ballgame watching food.
Today’s recipe is a little twist on those chicken wings, Buffalo Chicken Dip. It has all the same flavors as the chicken wings including a little kick to it. One of the things I love about it is, it’s not as messy to eat as the actual chicken wings!
- Shredded Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mix cream cheese, ranch dressing and red hot sauce together until combined.
- Add in shredded chicken and mix.
- Place mixture into a greased pie pan or 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 10-15 minutes until nice and hot and bubbly.
- Serve with Fritos, tortilla chips, or celery,
- Serve with your favorite chip and dig in!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip can easily be made the night before or the morning of and just kept in the refrigerator until ready to bake. It will take longer to bake if it has been refrigerated.
- Soften your cream cheese first for a smoother dip. If you end up with little chunks of cream cheese, that is o.k., it will still be delicious.
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken, Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, or Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken in this recipe.
Check out more of my favorite game day appetizers:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 16 oz cream cheese two – 8oz packages softened
- 1 1/2 C shredded chicken
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup red hot sauce I used Frank’s Red Hot Wing sauce
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix cream cheese, ranch dressing and red hot sauce together
- Add in shredded chicken
- Place mixture in a pie pan that has been sprayed with Pam
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 10-15 minutes until nice and hot and bubbly
- Serve with Fritos